Impy Imperial Stout - Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery

1 Rating

pDev: n/a
Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery visit their website
United States

American Double / Imperial Stout |  ABV ?

Beer added by: Rayek on 05-04-2009

Ratings: 1 | Reviews: 1
1.98/5  rDev n/a

A: Midnight black with a small and foamy tan head. Head retention is OK, although is does eventually die down to nothing. Wisps of lace are left in the beer's wake.

S: A bit of coffee, a bit of charcoal and what's best described as a wall of barrel aged bourbon. The aroma of wood aged alcohol pretty much masks anything else that might try and sneak through. The overall smell is actually OK, if not great. It's quite different from anything I've had lately.

T: Sadly, I found this almost undrinkable. The initial taste is actually quite watery. Out of the gate is a mild coffee and charcoal flavor that doesn't stand a chance against what's coming next. After about a half second, a huge rush of unbridled alcohol hits the senses. Yes, it's woodsy. And yes, it does taste like half decent bourbon. But it's so overpowering that I almost couldn't take it. I have no idea what this beer's ABV is, but it must be mighty high. As the beer went down, I could feel an alcohol burn that permeated my entire system.

M: For its strength, this beer is very light. Maybe even a touch watery. The carbonation level is quite low.

D: I like my strong beers. But this was too much. I was at RB with friends and family, so I passed this one around to see if my feelings were off base. Only one of the people at our table actually liked it. I really do hate handing out poor beer reviews. But I just couldn't find much to like with this one.

Impy Imperial Stout from Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.