Hazelnut Vanilla Porter - Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery

pDev: 0%
Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery visit their website
United States

American Porter |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: dpnelson1978 on 11-10-2009)
3.48/5  rDev 0%

Had this beer brought out to me after the waitress discovered their UK Cask Ale was out. It wasn't on the menu at the time, so I wasn't able to write down the IBU, Abv, or description.

Tap poured into glass pint.

$3.99 / ea.

S: Hazelnuts and vanilla. Shockingly potent, but very nice.

A: Very clear dark red-brown body that only let the smallest amount of light through. Big tan medium head that sticks around for a while leaving pretty decent lacing and surprising cover.

T: Almost like a gourmet coffee. Not sure what to think. It almost tastes artificial, but it is still pleasant. Hazelnut and vanilla once again dominate. Faint roasted malt flavor.

M: Light bodied. I didn't expect this from a porter. Medium to high carbonation. Once again, I didn't expect this from a porter. Not bad, but I'm not sure it fits the style, even after reading more about it.

D: Nice flavor once, but I think this could get old fast, and if I wanted a light bubbly refresher, I would have stuck with the hefe.

O: Not bad, but I'm really not sure what to think of the flavors as a whole. I think a heavier body would have put me more at ease.

dpnelson1978, Nov 10, 2009
Hazelnut Vanilla Porter from Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.