Already subscribe? to manage your subscription.

Ostalgia Blonde - Hopfenstark

Ostalgia BlondeOstalgia Blonde

Hopfenstark visit their website
Quebec, Canada

Kölsch |  5.00% ABV

Beer added by: Goldorak on 01-27-2007

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last
3.9/5  rDev -0.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

On-tap at Vices & Versa, one of the first batches of this brand new brewery.

Appearance: Peachy golden ale that was slightly opaque with a decent head.

Smell: Excellent crisp noble hop aroma, freshly crushed grain, some hay, kind of reminded me of the bottled Kellerbiers a buddy of mine brought back from Germany. Nothing super fancy here, just well made.

Taste: Perfectly balanced bubbly carbonation, chewy, honest base malt and green, grassy hops. For a first try, they really nailed it! This Beer is going to be amazing during the summer months. Apparently the brewery will sell growlers to go, and I'll be first in line to get some! (646 characters)

3.97/5  rDev +1.5%

A: First thing I notice is the head doesn't "explode" so much as other Belgian Pale Ale's and BSPA's. It's creamy and frothy and about 1.5 fingers. Not all around bad, but not as grand as I usually like my Belgian heads to be. Fairly decent retention on the little head though. Not seeing too much lacing. The appearance is a golden straw color and foggy which is to be expected because I put the whole bottle in. Nice action from the carbonation. 3.5

S: Interesting, while there is definitely hops and your standard belgian fruitiness there's also a lot of that malted grain aroma. Almost raw. After swirling the glass just a little bit, that fruitiness really steps up in a big way. Love that belgian peachy... apple aroma. The hops are here too, but they show up in the more earthy, leafy spiciness. Smells great! 4.0

T: It mirrors the nose in the most refreshing way possible. It starts out with some of that Belgian fruitiness and then actually moves to the grainy malts. I also get the hops in an earthy and delicious way. The finish has just enough bitterness to somewhat clear your palate. A great mix of sweet flavors and lightly bitter finish. 4.0

M: Medium, frothy body with big carbonation. It's this carbonation that makes this beer so easy to drink. The big flavors could very well overwhelm somebody (especially when you're having it as warm as I am!) but the carbonation scrubs your tongue clean and begs you to take another sip. 4.0

O: This beer was better than I thought! I was scouring my local beer shoppe for Belgian Pale Ale's and Belgian Strong Pale Ale's that I've never had before and I found this one. I'm a big fan and I'm going to keep my eye out for more of their stuff. 4.0 (1,707 characters)

3.88/5  rDev -0.8%

Thanks to Papat444 for this one!

Poured from a 341 ml bottle into a snifter glass to a slightly hazed golden colour with a medium white head.

A grassy nose with yeast notes, citrus, malt an spice coming across.

Taste wise bready malts, a lemony hop bitterness, honey and a yeast flavour similar to that found in a saison.

Medium body and carbonation with a clean finish.

Overall and enjoyable beer crisp and refreshing, almost 'helles meets saison' ! (455 characters)

4.17/5  rDev +6.6%

Bottle from Fred82. Pours a cloudy, straw yellow. Aroma is tart with lemon and malt. Taste is tart with citrus fruit. Dry mouthfeel with popping flavours of yeast, grain and little subtle flavours that really come out as you savor this beer. My first Hopfenstark and definitely not my last. (290 characters)

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last