Microbrew Invitational

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Tommyknocker Brewery
Colorado, United States | website

Style: Czech Pilsener

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by Domingo on 10-05-2009

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 5
3.8/5  rDev +1.6%

This is a pretty interesting beer that is brewed by Tommyknocker, but only sold in select locations as a contract draft. This one was at Slattery's in the DTC. Of note, they also have an ale called "Naked Tinker" that is sold in the same spots.
Arrives a deep golden color with a little bit of head. Considering bars tend to keep the head fairly minimal, there's nothing wrong with it. There's some foam lacing that shows the beer has some body.
Tasting the beer reveals more depth than I expected. It's actually a czech pils...and not a bad one either. It starts with a creaminess that blends into a pretty bold hop profile. I'd say it reminds me a little of a Urquell, although with slightly different hop varieties used. I'm picking up what I think are NW US hops blended with noble hops, but they work.
This really isn't bad and I think it would probably work for hopheads and macro converts.
I had two back-to-back and had I not been driving, a 3rd would've been no problem, too.
Cheers to Tommyknocker for making a contract item that's actually better than most of their normal line-up.
My score might even be a little conservative as this really is pretty tasty.

5 Lamps Lager from Tommyknocker Brewery
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.