1. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Yeti Imperial Stout - Great Divide Brewing Company

Yeti Imperial StoutYeti Imperial Stout

Great Divide Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Russian Imperial Stout |  9.50% ABV

(Beer added by: cokes on 08-09-2003)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Yeti Imperial Stout Alström Bros

4.5/5  rDev +6.9%

Appearance: Deep black with a dense, brown head that lingers and laces well.

Smell: Chocolate malt, caramel, toffee, molasses. Strong hop presence, with a small alcohol undercurrent.

Taste: Sweet chocolate flavors that evolve into a bitter chocolate finish. Alcohol softens the sweetness.

Mouthfeel: Very dense, full body brew. Very smooth and waxy.

Drinkability: Very big and bold. A pleasure to consume.

3.9/5  rDev -7.4%

In a Yeti tulip style glass

A - Dark with a dark brown small head

S - Strong malt flavor, strong chocolate and cocoa, heavy alcohol smell.

T - Very rich chocolate taste, strong malt and alcohol. Similar to smell.

M - Heavy and thick but carbonated.

O - One of my favorite Imperial stouts, solid go to and not too expensive.

4.55/5  rDev +8.1%

This is one hell of a stout..WOW! Pours a craggy, tan head about 2 fingers. Smells of caramel, chocolate, vanilla, toffee..lots of scents. Pours also an opaque black color. Very heavy mouthfeel, very malty and chewy. Has some nice hop kickback, but the rich malt rounds it out beautifully. One of the best beers you can find in this country.

3.65/5  rDev -13.3%

Taken from notes...

Bottled October 08. Shared with newtonty recently.

Pours as a RIS should - Dark brown/blackish with a 1 inch dark mocha head. Great mocha lacing!

The nose has coffee and bitter hop on the nose.

Low carbonation on the mouthfeel. Full bodied and medium to full flavored. The front and middle of this beer is coffee, heavily roasted chocolate malts and a hint of smokiness. Wet like an oil slick on my tounge with a slippery and bitter, hoppy finish.

Nice, but didn't do a great deal for me...

3.75/5  rDev -10.9%

4.05/5  rDev -3.8%

Served in a pint glass

A: pours a deep black with a small amount of foamy chocolate head that disipates rapidly. Leaves a nice amount of lacing

S: nice deep chocolate scents with deep malty notes

T: strong chocolate/coffee combination finishes with a slight dark chocolate like taste that lingers on the back of the tongue

D/M: drinks smooth, thick brew with deep flavors, very slight carbonation tingle

My dessert brew for thanksgiving!

4.48/5  rDev +6.4%

3.23/5  rDev -23.3%

A- Pours a thick black with no light showing through. Tiny speckled lace is present.

S- Dark chocolate, some dark raisiny fruits, a good amount of boozy alcohol on the nose.

T- Starts off with a bitter chocolate, with some green apple notes, some other dark fruits, with some heat on the finish.

M- Pretty boozy on the mouth feel makes this not terribly present.

D- Drinkability really suffers on this because of the alcohol heat in the nose,taste, and mouthfeel.

3.5/5  rDev -16.9%

4.15/5  rDev -1.4%

Poured into a tulip pint glass

A- One of the boldest, best looking pours I have ever seen on a stout. Very dark, thick, visous liquid. Very dark brown, opaque. The thick, thick, dark, dark head rose and rose. The head initially was a very dark brown with a little rusty orange in the color...very nice looking top to bottom. Looks very enjoyable and delicious!

S- Smelled of the roasted maltiness typical of a strong stout.

T- Good, a little bitter not from hops, although there were some hop flavors present. The bitterness was from the earthy roasted malts.

M- Very thick and viscous. A great thick imperial stout. Not something you'd want on a hot day while mowing the lawn! A nice beer to sit down with on a cool winter night.

O- Overall this was pretty good. I'm surprised that it took me so long to finally try this. I picked up one 12 oz. bottle from my local beverage center. I wish I had tried this two years ago when I was on an imperial stout kick. For some reason I haven't been impressed with the style lately and I really no longer have the desire to try new beers in the style. I guess my palette has changed as Brooklyn Black Chocolate was once my favorite beer. I now have no desire to drink it. I'd rather have a good porter in the 5-7% range. Although I've maintained the desire to drink a good, strong barley wine the rich, bold flavors of imperial stouts are a bit much for my palette at this time...I suppose it could change though as I used to like IPA's and DIPA's but about a year ago I really couldn't take the happiness for about a whole year, now, recently I've been drinking a lot of IPA's. I guess I have an ever-changing palette!

4.38/5  rDev +4%

Black colored beer with a rich ,thick creamy head.Aroma is chocolate.Taste is roasted malts,cocoa,chocolate,sweet cream and alcohol on the back end.One of the best beers I've had in years.A no brainer that I will purchase again.If your a stout fan you're missing something great.

Yeti Imperial Stout from Great Divide Brewing Company