Yeti Imperial Stout - Great Divide Brewing Company

Yeti Imperial StoutYeti Imperial Stout

Great Divide Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Russian Imperial Stout |  9.50% ABV

(Beer added by: cokes on 08-09-2003)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Yeti Imperial Stout Alström Bros

4.45/5  rDev +5.7%

4.65/5  rDev +10.5%

4.39/5  rDev +4.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Received numerous recommendations on BA for this beer.

Bottle poured into pint glass

Pitch black, dense brown pencil thin layer. Very good lacings.

Aroma of coffee and roasted malts

A sweetness on the tip of the tongue. Coffee and roast malts on the middle of the tongue.

Bitter malts, not too sharp, on the aftertaste. Full bodied , not too much sudsing. Hint of alcohol

Really good stout. Well balanced . Repeatable

3.8/5  rDev -9.7%

4.1/5  rDev -2.6%

4.18/5  rDev -0.7%

4.15/5  rDev -1.4%

4.24/5  rDev +0.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

A -Dark brown with a creamy tan head
S - Smell is coffee and sweet vanilla
T - Just a nice roasted coffee flavor
O -A smooth easy drinking RIS

4.15/5  rDev -1.4%

Poured into a tulip pint glass

A- One of the boldest, best looking pours I have ever seen on a stout. Very dark, thick, visous liquid. Very dark brown, opaque. The thick, thick, dark, dark head rose and rose. The head initially was a very dark brown with a little rusty orange in the color...very nice looking top to bottom. Looks very enjoyable and delicious!

S- Smelled of the roasted maltiness typical of a strong stout.

T- Good, a little bitter not from hops, although there were some hop flavors present. The bitterness was from the earthy roasted malts.

M- Very thick and viscous. A great thick imperial stout. Not something you'd want on a hot day while mowing the lawn! A nice beer to sit down with on a cool winter night.

O- Overall this was pretty good. I'm surprised that it took me so long to finally try this. I picked up one 12 oz. bottle from my local beverage center. I wish I had tried this two years ago when I was on an imperial stout kick. For some reason I haven't been impressed with the style lately and I really no longer have the desire to try new beers in the style. I guess my palette has changed as Brooklyn Black Chocolate was once my favorite beer. I now have no desire to drink it. I'd rather have a good porter in the 5-7% range. Although I've maintained the desire to drink a good, strong barley wine the rich, bold flavors of imperial stouts are a bit much for my palette at this time...I suppose it could change though as I used to like IPA's and DIPA's but about a year ago I really couldn't take the happiness for about a whole year, now, recently I've been drinking a lot of IPA's. I guess I have an ever-changing palette!

Yeti Imperial Stout from Great Divide Brewing Company