Yeti Imperial Stout - Great Divide Brewing Company

Yeti Imperial StoutYeti Imperial Stout

Great Divide Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Russian Imperial Stout |  9.50% ABV

(Beer added by: cokes on 08-09-2003)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Yeti Imperial Stout Alström Bros
4.15/5  rDev -1.4%

4.24/5  rDev +0.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

A -Dark brown with a creamy tan head
S - Smell is coffee and sweet vanilla
T - Just a nice roasted coffee flavor
O -A smooth easy drinking RIS

4.15/5  rDev -1.4%

Poured into a tulip pint glass

A- One of the boldest, best looking pours I have ever seen on a stout. Very dark, thick, visous liquid. Very dark brown, opaque. The thick, thick, dark, dark head rose and rose. The head initially was a very dark brown with a little rusty orange in the color...very nice looking top to bottom. Looks very enjoyable and delicious!

S- Smelled of the roasted maltiness typical of a strong stout.

T- Good, a little bitter not from hops, although there were some hop flavors present. The bitterness was from the earthy roasted malts.

M- Very thick and viscous. A great thick imperial stout. Not something you'd want on a hot day while mowing the lawn! A nice beer to sit down with on a cool winter night.

O- Overall this was pretty good. I'm surprised that it took me so long to finally try this. I picked up one 12 oz. bottle from my local beverage center. I wish I had tried this two years ago when I was on an imperial stout kick. For some reason I haven't been impressed with the style lately and I really no longer have the desire to try new beers in the style. I guess my palette has changed as Brooklyn Black Chocolate was once my favorite beer. I now have no desire to drink it. I'd rather have a good porter in the 5-7% range. Although I've maintained the desire to drink a good, strong barley wine the rich, bold flavors of imperial stouts are a bit much for my palette at this time...I suppose it could change though as I used to like IPA's and DIPA's but about a year ago I really couldn't take the happiness for about a whole year, now, recently I've been drinking a lot of IPA's. I guess I have an ever-changing palette!

4.75/5  rDev +12.8%

4.68/5  rDev +11.2%

4.12/5  rDev -2.1%

4.08/5  rDev -3.1%

3.96/5  rDev -5.9%

4.56/5  rDev +8.3%

4.52/5  rDev +7.4%

4.29/5  rDev +1.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Lovely hoppy RIS from a favorite brewer. This one so dessert like

A - Opaque black chocolate look with dense head and lacing.
S - More than most. Excellent chocolatey, brandy-like scent, some caramelized malts, strong bitter coffee...powerful nose.
T - Follows smell. Tastes sweet with rum, licorice, sweet coffee, brandy balanced by roasted espresso and wild berry tartness. Nice hop bitters in the long, long finish with piney resin finale.

MF- The body is thick, chewy, but perhaps a bit too chunky on the tongue.

Myself, I like the extra hops in this style.

3.6/5  rDev -14.5%