Colette Farmhouse Ale - Great Divide Brewing Company

Great Divide Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Saison / Farmhouse Ale |  7.30% ABV

Availability: Spring

(Beer added by: ArrogantB on 04-25-2009)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Colette Farmhouse Ale Alström Bros

3.8/5  rDev -1.3%

4.25/5  rDev +10.4%

4.13/5  rDev +7.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

I love farmhouse ales and I love Great Divide. I have high hopes:
A: Pours a rich yellow straw color. A little chill haze but mostly clear. About one finger of head that is all gone half way through. A small bit of lacing.
S: Beautiful. Some fruity notes and a slight tartness to it. I smell a blend of lemon, pineapple, and a little bit of sour apple. There's a definite breadiness to it as well.
T: Follows the nose almost exactly. It starts with the fruit, some tropical and citrus flavors, and then there tartness hits the palate, which is refreshing. And there's a yeasty, bready taste that brings it all together. And there is a slight pepper spice in the mix.
MF: Crisp and dry and oh, so refreshing! I don't taste the 7.5% ABV at all. However, its a little thicker and smoother than I expected.
O: I am a big fan. I love farmhouse ales and this one does not disappoint. A stellar beer in my opinion.

4.5/5  rDev +16.9%

3.5/5  rDev -9.1%

3.25/5  rDev -15.6%

3.5/5  rDev -9.1%

4.25/5  rDev +10.4%

4.19/5  rDev +8.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Great Divide's take on the Farmhouse Ale is not disappointing. It has strong hints of fruit, especially citrus. On the initall taste i was very impressed, great feel on the mouth and not too hoppy. I would rate this higher, but for me it got a little bitter on my last few sips. Still a very good brew though.

4.2/5  rDev +9.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

A- Crystal clear yellow in the glass. About 1/2 finger of head with ok lacing.

S- Crisp green apple, over-ripened apple, and nice funk. Notes of pineapple, pepper, yeast, and orange.

T- Really nice. Sweet up front: green apple, pineapple, etc. Morphs into big sour funk with notes of pepper, wheat, bread, and a pretty big shot of earthy hop.

M- Medium body with nice crisp carbonation. Lightly drying with a nice funky sour aftertaste.

O- I've only recently started my journey into Saisons, and this one definitely helped guarantee I would keep going. I loved the contrasting effects of spicy, sweet, earthy hop, and sour in this one. The flavors morphed and mixed wonderfully from beginning to end.

Colette Farmhouse Ale from Great Divide Brewing Company