Alpine Bohemian Pilsner - Alpine Brewing Company

good

Alpine Brewing Company visit their website
Washington, United States

German Pilsener |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: Redrover on 06-23-2004)
3.25/5  rDev -9%

HoppySeb, Jun 07, 2014
3.5/5  rDev -2%

Keith_R, Jun 06, 2014
3.75/5  rDev +5%

twelveinches, Dec 14, 2013
3.59/5  rDev +0.6%
look: 4 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

This beer is on-tap at the Seattle Taproom at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport.

Appearance - Golden and somewhat cloudly with very few bubbles and no head. The color is very beautiful and invites me to take a drink. Both the look and feel of this beer take me back to some of the better hefeweizens I've had.

Smell - This beer to me had a very buttery aroma. It actually reminded me of popcorn because my nostrils were struck by the scent of butter.

Taste - The taste, too, was somewhat buttery and had a slight citrus note to it as well. Overall I thought this was a tasty beer, though there was something about it that left me wanting a bit more....more of a kick.

Mouthfeel - Not as much of a kick as I would have wanted. The level of carbonation seemed very low. But on the other side of that was the lightness of it in my mouth. And it left a decent aftertaste.

Neal_Thompson, Nov 08, 2013
3.75/5  rDev +5%

bumchilly25, Dec 23, 2012
3.85/5  rDev +7.8%

I had this beer on-tap in a pint glass at the Hooverville in Seattle.

Appearance: medium golden hue with a moderate haze to the body and a light effervescence. Head is a layer of white foam with a nice lace.

Smell: light aroma of sweet malt. Decent.

Taste: lightly sweet malt flavor with lots of yeasty lager character. Bitterness is low but noticeable. A nicely balanced and tasty Pils.

Mouthfeel: light body with a moderate carbonation. There's a decent prickliness on the tongue here, but I'd like something more zazzy.

Overall: this is a tasty and refreshing Pils. Not perfect, but I'd have this again.

flagmantho, Sep 12, 2012
3.83/5  rDev +7.3%

Poured a rich, slightly hazy yellow with a finger of loose white head. Aroma of grain and a touch of grass.

Moderate carbonation and a light, slightly thin mouthfeel. Lots of grain backbone with a slight corn sweetness and a bit of grassy bitterness on the finish.

Thought this one was a little slight at first but I warmed up to it -- very pleasant pils.

grittybrews, Aug 02, 2012
3.53/5  rDev -1.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

A: Poured a light golden color with good carbonation presenting a hugr fluffy, white cap and lots of bubbles

S: Lightly toasted grains, light corn, floral notes

T; A lightly toasted grain, some folral and grassy notes, subtle hop bite and a slight corn note

M: Light body, not as crisp as I usually dig in a Pils

O: Good

barleywinefiend, Jan 15, 2012
3.58/5  rDev +0.3%

Purchased at K&L Wines. Poured into a nonic.

Clear, ok SLIGHTly hazy, light golden body. Two finger of frothy white head. Really great retention and lacing. Lookin a little bit more like an APA than a German Pils, but thats more than ok in my books.

The nose is almost all bread-like malt with nice lager yeast notes. Classic pilsner malt fragrance with some extra dank bitterness thrown in there.

Tastes of bread and cereal. Grainy malt. Then a rad note of bitter, dank, and herbal hops. Perfume like even.

Heavy side of medium bodied. Fairly well carbonated. Tangy, and bitter hops. A certain graininess.

Modern hops. Solidly brewed pilsner. Could be a little lighter, but quite tasty.

billshmeinke, Jun 11, 2011
3.9/5  rDev +9.2%

Alpine's wall placard calls their pilsner "extremely süffig (quaffable)". I'll go with that. The beer is brilliant yellow with a tall, top-heavy crown of white, pitted head. The crown was so rocky it actually collapsed into an intriguing pattern of foam canyons. And it left mad patterns of serrated lace.

The flavor makes delicate use of German Perle and Tettnang hops for a classic design of crisp, easy drinkin' informality. Call it a beer of affirmed subtlety. Recommended.

RedDiamond, Oct 15, 2009
4.25/5  rDev +19%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

We tried this one when it was still in the lager tank at the brewery but filtered and ready to be kegged. Thanks again Wolfgang!
I'm not a big Pilsner fan but this was the best I have ever tried. It was a bright deep golden color with a generous head that left a lace all the way down the glass. The hops aroma was right up front and predominant. The flavor was better than I've ever experienced in a pils. Hops and a bit of malt combined to make a great tasting beer. Body was very evident but not expected, not like any of the other thinner pilsners I've had before.
This one is a keeper. I'll have to find a place to get more of this.

Doppelmax, Jan 24, 2007
2.5/5  rDev -30%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Appearance – This one poured a light orange in color with very little head.

Smell – The light grain smell is about all I can pick up. There’s some sort of sweetness in here as well, but it is so faint I really can’t dissect it.

Taste – This is a harsh, nasty, grainy effort at the style. The nasty sweetness reminds me of that rock candy that you get at carnivals.

Mouthfeel – This one is light-bodied with little carbonation.

Sinkability – This is a horrid take on the style. I can’t for the life of me determine what they were trying to do here or what they put in this beer.

RoyalT, Mar 27, 2005
3.08/5  rDev -13.7%

I had this on tap at the Viking in Spokane. On Tuesdays, all micro pints are $2.00 what a deal!

The beer was nice bright yellow with golden tones. Fluffy but quickly disappearing head. It had uneven lacing.

The smell was way to light. The spice notes that a good pils has was almost lacking in this beer. The nose actually reminded me of a slightly hopped up regular Miller. Not a promising start.

The taste was as bland as the smell. While thirst quenching, the beer lacked the sparkle and snap of a good Pils. Some slight malt sweetness and just the faintest trace of hops.

The mouthfeel was fine thanks but the drinkablity was no more than average due to the unassertive taste.

Redrover, Jun 23, 2004