MateVeza Organic Golden Ale - Cervecería de MateVeza

MateVeza Organic Golden AleMateVeza Organic Golden Ale

Cervecería de MateVeza visit their website

American Pale Ale (APA) |  5.00% ABV

Brewed by Butte Creek Brewing Company

(Beer added by: SethB2 on 01-14-2007)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of MateVeza Organic Golden Ale Alström Bros
3.35/5  rDev +2.4%

Appearance: Pours a cloudy apricot color with a raocky head that retains fairly well and leaves dots of lacing around the glass

Smell: There are some familiar aromas of biscuity malt and citrusy hops but it sure smells like a potent herbal tea wrapped inside but not well hidden

Taste: Starts out with a rather neutral pale ale flavor that is joined, mid-palate, by the medicinal herbal tea flavors; after the swallow, those flavors predominate and try as I like, I just cannot get comfortable with what they do to a brew

Mouthfeel: Medium body with moderate carbonation but surprisingly dry on the finish

Drinkability: When I first saw this bottle I was afraid of what it might contain. Note to self: Trust your instincts

brentk56, Oct 28, 2007
3.4/5  rDev +4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

Lightly hazy tangerine peel. The three finger ivory crown picks up a hint of orange from the beer beneath and has a mousse-like texture. Almost no lace sticks to the glass. Mateveza looks like a thousand and one other APAs, never mind the exotic ingredient that will soon be unleashed on my senses.

The nose is interesting and is unlike anything I've ever smelled. It's fairly subtle with a sweet, herbal, somewhat fruity character. Of course the sweetness could be coming from the pale malt and the fruitiness could be coming from the Cascade hops. It isn't really citric fruity, though, more like some previously undiscovered tropical fruit. Not quite peachy, but close.

I thought Mateveza was a South American beer when I bought it. Little did I know that it's a Butte Creek product (which, by the way, isn't noted on the label). It's flavored with yerba mate, which is relative of holly, and has stimulant properties similar to caffeine. Traditionally, the leaves and stems are chopped up, soaked in hot water and the resulting tea is sipped through a straw.

The flavor is much odder than the nose because it's much stronger. I guess the brewers hit on the right amount of yerba mate to add, but it's going to take my taste buds a while to wrap themselves around the exotic nature of this ale. After a few ounces to get acclimated, they're now in a position to weigh in with an opinion.

Although it isn't bad, I much prefer the flavor of another plant, humulus lupulus. To me, yerba mate tastes like an especially herbal, grassy variety of hop. The Cascade (which might have overwhelmed the flavor profile if they were added with a heavier hand) don't contribute much citrus peel zestiness. Again, it's a good balancing act... assuming one cares for the flavor being spotlighted.

The biggest stimulant buzz that I ever got from beer was from a bomber of Peche Mortel. I've also noticed it with a few others (B-to-the-E is the only one that comes to mind). I was all set to say that I couldn't appreciate that same humming sensation with Mateveza, but now I think I'm beginning to. It's a weird vibe that I don't really enjoy. Give me either an alcohol mellowing or a Mountain Dew rush, but not both at once.

The mouthfeel is within the wide range of acceptable for an APA. Its good points are that it doesn't fade too much on the finish and the amount of carbonation is just about perfect for quick and easy drinking with a minimum of burping. Man oh man, my head is really beginning to buzz now.

Mateveza gets points for originality. Beyond that, I can't see it gaining a foothold among lovers of craft beer. I'm glad I gave it a chance since I learned something about yerba mate and the history behind it, but it's one and done for me. Why do I suddenly feel like cleaning out the garage, washing the car, trimming the trees...

BuckeyeNation, Mar 15, 2007
3.83/5  rDev +17.1%

Intresting beer. I recieved this one about a few months back and have had it sitting in the fridge since. Decided to bust it out tonight while I cooked. Served cold and poured into a pint glass, this one was consumed on 12/14/2008.

The pour was all over the place on this one. A gusher at first, with a foamy head that occupied the entire glass, but then faded to nothing and left a weird orange and amber, very hazy and naked liquid, with no discernable carbonation,

The aroma was very earthy. Loaded with spices and small hints of roots and light grain. Some light peppery notes as well. The flavor though was very intresting. Hints of almost nutmeg and cinnamon like flavors, hints of ginger and other herby and root like flavors. Smooth, light and easy drinking, not terribly complex but still very nice.

Overall this one was very intresting, I am a little perked up from the yerba for sure and the flavor kind of reminded me of my vitamins at times, but I would go for this again.

mikesgroove, Dec 14, 2008
3.13/5  rDev -4.3%

Appearance: Pours a clear, golden hued body with a thinnish white head.

Smell: Leafy and vegetablesque mainly, with a nice, engaging little honey character throughout as well as just a touch of lemon. There's a sprinkling of spice in there, too, a bit like what you'd get out of a weak pumpkin ale.

Taste: Earthy, herbaceous tea-like flavors set against just the faintest bit caramel. Finishes crisp, with a lightly herbal, citrusy bitterness."Good, huh? That's my batwing broth. There's eye of newt in there, tree mold, old lizard brains, scales from a rancid sea serpent."

Mouthfeel: Watery, with a surpassingly thin body and equally thin carbonation.

Drinkability: A novel, unorthodox brew that makes for an effective mid-session palate cleanser, but beyond that, well...

ChainGangGuy, May 16, 2007
3.7/5  rDev +13.1%

Hmm an organic ale brewed with yerba mate until recently I had never heard of yerba mate and still dont know much about it other than its caffeinated.Poured a hazed peachy yellowish color with a nice tight 1 1/2 finger sticky white head that left a nice ring around my pint glass,mild aromas I picked up some citric tones as well as some chocolate and earth odd enough maybe imparted from the yerba mate,a firm toasty note as well.Quite grainy on the palate a light shot of of citrusy west coast hop and chocolate with a bit of raw earthiness in there as well it ends quite abruptly.Hey something new and unique its not the greatest thing in the world but really its not all that bad,worth a try in my mind.

oberon, Sep 10, 2007
2.53/5  rDev -22.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Served in a Dogfish Head shaped pint glass.

Pours a lightly hazed pale straw, with a beastly head that leaves surprisingly little lacing on the glass. The nose has an overriding scent of tea leaves, along with a strange hopped spiciness. Intriguing, if nothing else. Like most cases of intrigue, though, this tale ends in pain when the tasting gets underway. This taste is kinda hard for me to describe, but I'll give it my best shot: Starts out with a bitter tea flavor, followed immediately by a hint of herb (like pepper and basil, almost) and a rush of carbonation that erases most of the flavor from the tongue, though a faint bitterness remains. The carbonation makes the body overly light and disallows any true oral appreciation. Combine that with the strange, off-putting flavor and this brew, to me, doesn't come out as all that drinkable.

TMoney2591, Feb 11, 2010
3.85/5  rDev +17.7%

Interesting beer. It's organic, which is nice. The less pesticides we put on the earth, the better the earth will treat us in return. And it's also brewed with Yerba mate, a south American species of holly. Only the leaves and stems are used, not the berries. They're steeped in hot water, yielding a somewhat bitter, vegetal, herbal, and grassy flavor that's similar to green tea but stronger. It makes sense then to use it in beer (although the vegetal characteristic is definitely not desired). It also lends some caffeine, which can vary in strength from very low to just about as strong as coffee.

It pours a slightly hazy straw gold body beneath a full head of creamy white froth that holds well and leaves some nice lacing about the glass.

The aroma is different than you might expect, and yet it doesn't quite jump out at you. It's not really bold. There are next to no hops, just the Yerba mate. It's leafy, somewhat woody like wood bark, and a bit grassy.

The flavor is mild, with the maltiness kept light and very basic. I assume that's so that the Yerba mate isn't cloaked. There may be a light touch of caramel malt in use, but it's pretty much straightforward grain.

The qualities the Yerba mate lends to the flavor are the same that are found in the aroma (leafy, woody, grassy), and it's also a bit dusty, or dirt like. It is somewhat vegetal, but it's not rough at all, and softly herbal (I'm thinking like very old dried oregano or something). I also pick up some very mild Cilantro, a bit of citrus (hops?), and even a hint of smokiness. That smokiness makes itself known in the finish, which is not particularly bitter like a beer would normally be, but more "lightly bitter" like strong brewed tea. It definitely has that kind of "cling-to-the-teeth' character, but it's light.

Although I initially found it fairly unexciting cold, as it warmed and its flavors emerged I found it more and more interesting. It very much reminded me of the outdoors with its leaf and dirt and smoke flavors, and at the same time it's actually quite delicate. I certainly wouldn't drink this at a bar, it would be completely lost, but I would enjoy another one at home. Interesting beer!

NeroFiddled, Sep 30, 2008
3.55/5  rDev +8.6%

Poured from a 22oz brown bottle w/o freshness date into a snifter.

A - A hazed amber w/ a full white 3 finger head. A noticeable ring of yeast sediment gets swirled and poured into the tasting glass. Lots of tiny bubbles quickly rising indicate effervescence.

S - Fruity, like a sweet tart, but earthy herbal (Yerba Mate?) scent is very aromatic and tea-like. An almost catnip aroma with a deep tangerine or Valencia citrus quality with lots of tropical scents. Quince, Mango and Passionfruit come to mind in the delicate floral aroma. Kumquait and tamarind are also possible here with a really intriquing aroma.

M - Creamy malts give way to a twiggy astringent bitter feel, almost like chewing up aspirin. Lots of citrus flavors - lemony and citrus peel in the feel. Decent carbonation is a plus as it keeps the earthy components of the brew bouyant.

T - Initially The herbal astringency just hits you, but the malt and citrus from the hops step in to give support and contrast to the creamy, but earthy taste that has a bit of a bite. Floral and tropical flavors swirl in and out w/ nutty sugar and medicinal tastes. It has the peculiar curious taste kind of like drinking something with agave in it for the first time. Spice and pepper are a minor component in the finish. Every return taste seems to have an orange tea flavor whcih reminds me of Amarillo hops.

D - An interesting beer, I could see myself wanting to return to the flavor it posesses. A pizza or quesadilla might be a worthy pairing since it is lively and intriguing. Worth a try since it is a unique beer and doesn't disappoint with flavor.

Slatetank, Jul 24, 2007
2.68/5  rDev -18%

MateVeza..."MateVeza Organic Golden Ale is brewed with yerba mate, source of the South American caffeinated herbal tea."

Caffeinated golden ale...herbal tea...hmmmm...

Hazy, high carbonation, smallish head.

Light hops in aroma, a little floral, light fruit, some apple and pear...nice.

Taste: hmmm, ...let's look at that neck label again..."verba mate provides a dry finish and a natural source of caffeine. Say buenos dias to Beerunch.www.beerunch.com."

Dry finish, yes. Flavor is missing. Unless I remember this is a "Tea beer"...huh.
Light bodied,and light-flavored. Very delicate. Nice citric zest feel. Just right for beerunch, I guess.
Not bad,actually, just doesn'tgrab me, with what flavor thereis....kind of a lackluster"golden ale"...golden color, but lacks any zaz,....kazork...

Pretty blase stuf.

feloniousmonk, Dec 04, 2009
3.48/5  rDev +6.4%

Sampled May 2007
Pours with a brilliantly clear, lightly red tinged, copper color and is topped by a frothy, tightly beaded, pale tan colored head. The aroma is quite interesting; it is a mix of sweet citrus notes and something I can’t quite describe, but which must be the Yerba Maté. Smells a bit like fresh hemp seeds, with a sort of green herbaceous character that is completely unlike something found in hops.

The taste is lightly sweet up front, but actual dries out some (or at least the perceived sweetness dies out) as a green, herbal character takes over. The herbal character reminds me of a mix of hemp, tobacco and some notes of pine, among other things I can’t quite pin point. The herbal character really lingers on in the finish. This has quite a light mouthfeel and also has a zippy carbonation to it which also adds to the airiness of the brew. The hop flavors are perceived mainly up front (before the Yerba Maté kicks in) and remind me of light notes of orange zest and a touch of grapefruit.

This is certainly an interesting beer, half of the curiousness is provided by the balance that the Yerba Maté provides; or perhaps I should say this is interesting because the balance comes from Yerba Maté, instead of the traditional malt balancing component (hops). This is certainly worth trying, mainly for the contrast to hops that it provides, but is certainly not something I will be drinking much more of.

Gueuzedude, Jun 13, 2007
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

03/07/07- Purchased at City Beer in San Francisco, CA.

Presentation- 22oz bomber with no freshness info on the bottle. Poured into my Duvel tulip.

Appearance- Nice deep ripe apricot hued color. Smaller 1/4 inch head which settles at a nice creamy rim. Leaves behind decent patchwork. Actually looks kinda like PTY...that where the similarities end.

Smell- Still looking good. Nice sugary, fruity and perfumy hop nose. Maybe some orange and grapefruit in the mix.

Taste- I should have know better when I saw this was made by Butte Creek. UGH! The first sip took a while to decipher. Kinda bitter, mild hop bite, maybe a touch of citrus. That was then followed by a rancid used tea bag flavor, rotten honey and spoiled green olives. WTF! This is the second beer I have had that has a green olive taste..which I really despise. The other one was Hitachino Red Rice Ale. I'm sorry to just rate this one two sips, but I couldn't get any more down without refunding my dinner.

Mouthfeel- Very light carbonation, followed by a dry martini like flavor and texture. Maybe rubbing alcohol should be added to the taste as well.

Drinkability- Sorry Butte Creek, your DIPA is tolerable, but this is just rancid horseshit...IMO. Drain pour. Glad it wasn't expensive.

GClarkage, Mar 08, 2007
3.6/5  rDev +10.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

A 650 mL bomber purchased from Liquid Solutions.

A: The pale ale is indeed a pale yellow color, quite light looking almost like a pale wheat ale. The orange-yellow is darkest in the center of the glass, looking like a concentrated apple juice.

S: The ale has a crisp cascade hop aroma, jumpy with citrus goodness. Softening up the hops is a rather unusual tea aroma (unusual in that one rarely encounters it).

T: The taste is unique to say the least. The cascade hops do their job, pepping up the taste with a citrus zest that highlights some grapefruit and citrus peel. Immediately crowding out the hops are the yerba mate flavors, strong tea notes that take on a tobacco flavor and overpower the hops. A former colleague drank yerba mate regularly and I never really understood it. I still don't, finidng the unique flavors to be ill-suited for a pale ale.

M: The yerba mate crowds out all hop flavors, creating a tea beer that is full of leafy tobacco notes. Interesting to say the least.

D: The yerba mate is the centerpiece of the beer, so it is hard to say something off the cuff like 'good except for the mate.' The mate flavors are unusual, leafy and easily able to overpower the cascade hops and malt bill. I am not aware of any other beers that feature yerba mate, so this is worth a visit if only for the uniqueness.

akorsak, Aug 14, 2007

Cloudy orange colored beer with a skimpy white head.

The smell is sweet and very floral with a surprisingly strong rose petal aroma. There is a bit of a bitter aroma here like bitter orange or lime oil. Little bit of pine and grapefruit aroma but it is well hidden under all the flowers.

The taste begins quite stoutly bitter with an odd bitter aftertaste of something that is not hops. A little smoky and spicy there is a strong astringency at work here. There is a harsh bitter aftertaste to this that lasts quite a long time. Weirder tastes like leather, wood and ashes. Grass, cooked cabbage, cigarette butts, can't say this think lacks flavors; and it reminds you that it isn't always a good thing.

The mouthfeel is OK.

Drinkable...well if you say so. Not something I will likely drink again unless this gives me super powers or makes me rich. Just what the F is Yerba Mate anyway? Google says it is a shrub from South America with effects like caffeine, guess they don't do Coffee Stout down there. A unique beer but not a good one.

Zorro, Aug 31, 2007
3.75/5  rDev +14.7%

harpus, Jul 22, 2012
3.4/5  rDev +4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

22 Oz bomber ,from Lifesource Organic Grocery,Salem. Dark golden almost amber colour, good sized frothy off white head. Subdued herbal aromas, some maltiness Taste is at first just a regular malty amber ale, then the yerba mate kicks in near the end, tangy, herbal,dry finish. Good mouthfeel. I started off not likeing this at all, but it grew on me as I drank through the bomber. Unusual and not bad.

Reidrover, Jan 16, 2007
3.73/5  rDev +14.1%

Tried this beer at the 2007 NAOBF in Portland, Oregon (on-tap). Program says it is "brewed and bottled in Chico, CA by Butte Creek Brewing Co.".

A: A sort of honey-gold/copper color - clear with about 1/2-finger of eggshell white frothy head.

S: Smells of Cascade hops with a mildly tea-filled effervescence. Maybe had I not known yerba mate was used I wouldn't have identified it, but there is definitely a fresh, slight fruity and sweet "tea" aroma in there.

T: Interesting - a pungent rooty herbal bitterness permeates this beer. I think I like, then I despise it, then I like it again. Has a gummy sweetness, too - like the backing of a postage stamp. Hmm...pretty good overall, just some of those oddball aftertastes are confusing...

M: Likable crispness, tingly spices on the tip of the tongue. Body is light-medium; unlike any other 'pale ales' I've tried. Finish is clean and dry; refreshing.

D: Cerainly good enough to have again. This one really grew on me. Worthy of a try, or a pint if found on-draught.

msubulldog25, Jun 10, 2007
2.48/5  rDev -24.2%

Can't claim to be a Yerba Mate expert...didn't even know what the hell it was before this was reviewed in BA magazine. Ignorant me.

The head froths up nicely but dies quickly, leaving small bits of splotchy lace in its wake. Color is a bronze/gold featuring tiny floating grains that look like some kind of spice...about the size of fine sand. I poured carefully and these still arrived. There's still a good bit of sediment at the bottom.

Aroma heavily recalls sweet iced tea...something I'm usually not fond of. Strike one. Also some light, perfume-y, earthy spice, a little like potpourri but not like an over-spiced winter warmer or anything. I guess all this is the Yerbe Mate? Would be nice of the brewery to put just a little information on the label other than "naturally caffeinated from yerba mate".

Flavor is like holding lighter strains of wheat grain in your mouth; really earthy, quite gentle, some natural sweetness seeping out. Also unfortunately reminds of iced tea, which I'm just not into, neither the real deal nor in a beer. A grassy bitterness flares up in the finish. Mouthfeel is thin and watery, and no matter what kind of beer it is, that's not acceptable. Drying happens almost immediately, but still, it's paper-thin.

This is probably great for some, but it's just not my thing. It reminds me of a decent homebrew attempt and little else. The herbal tea-like bitterness that sticks in the mouth is really off-putting, the watery feel is never wanted, and I wouldn't look forward to another. Thumbs up for going organic, and for trying something different, but this is still an unattractive concoction. Call me an arrogant bastard, but I shan't purchase this ag'in.

Metalmonk, Dec 04, 2007

Review from BeerAdvocate Magazine May 2007.

An organic Pale Ale that is brewed with Cascade hops and yerba maté--a species of the holly plant that produces caffeine-like compounds.

Crackling head drops down to a thin lace with some clinging action on the glass. Nearly clear with a faint haze--most likely from a bit of sediment at the bottom of the bottle. Obvious smell of Cascade hops, with their citric and flowery aroma, then comes a unique herbal note that melds well with the malt. Moderate carbonation lends a bit of crispness. Medium-bodied. Malty and grainy with the first sip, then with each sip after, the Cascade hops extend a long-lingering citric and floral flavor; meanwhile, the yerba maté leaves an earthy tea flavor throughout. Finishes semi-sweet with an herbal flavor.

Not only is this a good Pale Ale, it's as unique in its marketing as with its employment of yerba maté. Being organic is a plus, as well. No need for a food pairing as this one seems like it wants to stand on its own.

BeerAdvocate, Sep 27, 2010
3.45/5  rDev +5.5%

Cloudy dirty orange color with a thin, bubbly white head. The aroma is a mixture of flowers and citrus, sort of herbal in a way. More flower petals in the flavor with the bitterness of the cascades and some earthy grassiness in the aftertaste. Not too much in the way of hops other than a hint of zesty citrus rind. Pretty light in body with lively, though not overdone, carbonation. Interesting beer here.

wedge, Sep 03, 2007
2.75/5  rDev -15.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.5

Tall frothy white head on the pour. Clear golden hue in appearance, with small amounts of lacing as the glass empties.

Floral, light herbal aroma. Earthy, somewhat nutty. The malt is faint with some grainy husks.

Twiggy, earthy flavour, if nothing else the yerba mate most certainly shines through. However as a result of that it comes across as pretty one-dimensional in the flavour department, just the undenable twang of yerba mate. Earthy, twiggy aftertaste, very herbal and dry.

Mouthfeel is pretty decent, smooth and medium-bodied. I do enjoy my tea, leaf or herbal, along with the occassional cup of yerba mate, but I can't say I find this cross-over blending with ale a very palatable combination, nor a really desirable one. Credit for the experiment however.

IronDjinn, Jun 11, 2008
3.9/5  rDev +19.3%

Picked this up at Peace Street Market in Raleigh...must've been a new arrival.

Poured a bomber into a pint glass, producing a decent head, a golden amber color and not much else. Aroma is laced with notes of organic tobacco, tea bags, grapes, and fresh cut grass.

Taste is fairly unique (I'm surprised this is considered an american pale) with a herbal green tea flavor, some coffee notes...must be the yerba mate`. Mouthfeel is equally as unique, it's crisp and smooth with a nice organic bitterness on the finish. Overall, this is quite a complex & intriguing brew, but it tends to overwhelm the senses, thus limiting its drinkability.

wagenvolks, Mar 17, 2007
1.7/5  rDev -48%

Terrible beer. Now to the specifics. Cloudy hefeweizen look to the beer with white head. It smelled herbal, organic, and lightly hopped. The taste is similar to the smell and is herbal, but very watery, with a lightly bitter finish. Bland, but mostly smooth, and what taste there was, was a sort of funky tea like taste. One of my least favorite beers for sure. If you're not crazy about whatever the heck, "yerba mate' " is there is not much reason to drink this.

JDV, Feb 06, 2008
3.55/5  rDev +8.6%

Website: www.mateveza.com

News: http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070131/sfw081.html?.v=84

Plain brown unassuming wrapper uncapped and poured with a golden vitreous clear golden appearance topped with a settled khaki thin coating.

Spiced nose of orange peel, curacao, and orange sherbert. Extra nose of salt water taffy, candy sugar, and a citrus hoppy scent ending with some biscuit malt backing. Reminds me of a BIG ESB here.

First swigs: Delicate white grape juice meets a slick Tang breakfast drink aspect. A touch sherbert ice cream and orange pekoe tea. Hops are restrained with a melon fruit aspect.

Feel is a tad light and lacking fizzy zest. A bit flat and shushed settled like a flat Sunkist Soda.

Last swigs: Always excited for a new Butte Creek bomber bottle. Their Double IPA was a stand out of 2006. Not sure that the "caffeine" ingredient completely hits the mark. Supposed to be 1/2 cup of coffee per 12 oz. serving. Continued support to Butte Creek. Needs some zest but credit for original idea in a sea of rip-offs.

Beer is good. Happy new APA beering.

blitheringidiot, Feb 21, 2007
2.98/5  rDev -8.9%

22oz brown bottle. Poured into a pounder glass it took some power pouring to get the desired results. Loose head pops down to an outer ring. Small specks of lace. Cloudy orange body.

Smells earthy and root bark combined with grapefruit and lemon. There is also a flowery bouqet and some spicing as well. This brew really packs it in. But how does it all come together in the taste is the question. It comes across lighter than smell would indicate. Starts out watered, tea like floral and effortless to drink but halfway through each pull is when the flavor developed. A rather sharp lemony citrus smacker combined with a drying hop presence snaps this into shape. Finishes dry and spiced.

Notes: It was interesting and unique. That warrants at least a purchase.

DogFood11, May 15, 2007

Mateveza pours a hazy orange with a thick off white head from a twenty two ounce bottle. I poured kind of hard, but even so, it surprised me in how much it looked like a nitro beer with cascading bubbles. Aroma is okay, kind of average for a pale ale. The taste is kind of odd though. It must be the yerba mate that dominates the flavor, there are some hops that balance it out nicely, but I'm not sure I really like it. Grassy and kind of herbal flavors also seem prominent. I wont buy it again, but I can't say don't try it.

Drew966, Jun 24, 2007