Lucky Buddha Enlightened Beer - The Lucky Drink Company

poor

The Lucky Drink Company visit their website
Australia

Euro Pale Lager |  4.80% ABV

(Beer added by: DogFood11 on 04-06-2007)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Lucky Buddha Enlightened Beer Alström Bros

There is nothing I don't like about this beer. Except that I can only find one store in Indiana that sells it! The gimmicky bottle drew me in but the light, refreshing taste stole my heart. I'm not a fan of dark beers, and I do like a bit of lime or lemon in some.

one of the best tasting beers I've had in a long time. Goes great with any kind of food. Tastes like zen ... clean, pure a hint of sweetness and nicely carbonated. Very hard to find but well worth the search. Better than Tsing Tao.

4.75/5  rDev +76.6%

4.63/5  rDev +72.1%

I was never a real beer drinker until last year. A friend started turning me on to different imported beers. I found that I just can't really tolerate domestic beers, any longer. The next thing I new, I'm a bit of a beer snob. I came across Lucky Buddha and was intrigued by the bottle. I purchased some and took it home - now this beer snob has another brew to add to his list of faves.

4.59/5  rDev +70.6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Saw this on display at Bevmo and couldn't help but try it... the bottle is beautiful and great to show off for guests, but that speaks for itself - on to the beer.

Light and flavorful lager, says "chinese style" but I don't know what that means - to me it was pretty similar to heineken, a great warm weather beer, but something that would also be easy to drink year round. I didn't get any of the skunky aroma / taste that a few people have mentioned - maybe those were left in the sun too long?

All in all, I would definitely buy this again if I'm having people over or want to show up somewhere with an interesting six pack.

4.28/5  rDev +59.1%
look: 5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

It's Heineken without the aftertaste. Very solid summer beer, light, crisp and nice finish. Great beer to bring to a party or an event. It's funny to sit back and watch people react to the bottle. Side note: my girlfriend likes it...quite possibly just because of the bottle. :)

4.24/5  rDev +57.6%

4.15/5  rDev +54.3%

I find this beer to have a nice combination of flavors that make it a good beer to enjoy bothah at the end of the day as well as at social events. The light golden color when poured and almost non existent head makes for a pleasureable glass of beer.

It has a smooth taste and lets face it the bottle is pretty cool.

3.98/5  rDev +48%

Lucky Buddha has a medium, white head and a just slightly hazy straw appearance, with little brown flecks floating about and a decent amount of lacing. The aroma (green bottle) was happily not skunked, but one gets sweetness, white bread, and a kiss of the hops. Taste is lightly roasted barley, bread, some paper, sweetness, bread crumb, a touch of pleasant bitterness, and there are other obscure flavors which I can’t pin down (honey?). Mouthfeel is light and watery, and Lucky Buddha Beer finishes crisp, clean, refreshing, dry, and easy drinking. This is a delightful lager.

RJT

3.98/5  rDev +48%

The appearance is faded and foggy but the smell is pleasant. It smells like beer, except there is no overpowering wheat scent. It isn't skunky at all.

The taste is also nice. It has hardly a hint of bitter. It's a bit plain and then opens up in your mouth. It doesn't quite blossom, but it opens with a more solid motion in a metaphorical sense.

It has a neat mouthfeel as well. It's slimy, but really isn't bad.

It's also extremely drinkable.

3.84/5  rDev +42.8%