Lucky Buddha Enlightened Beer - The Lucky Drink Company

poor

The Lucky Drink Company visit their website
Australia

Euro Pale Lager |  4.80% ABV

(Beer added by: DogFood11 on 04-06-2007)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Lucky Buddha Enlightened Beer Alström Bros

Eman17, Jul 25, 2014

2.25/5  rDev -17.3%

Exeter, Jul 18, 2014
3.11/5  rDev +14.3%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

From a bottle into a pilsner glass.

A: pale yellow. No head or lace to speak of

S: Grass and wood are all I can come up with for this one. I cannot say I've ever came across a beer with this smell.

T: hops with a sweet finish. Orange peel maybe...

M: light mouth feel with a quick finish.

O: to me this is not worth buying another six pack. This pennies just ok.

Gear54, Jul 18, 2014
3.5/5  rDev +28.7%

dpage27, Jul 17, 2014
3.25/5  rDev +19.5%

marmstrong1212, Jul 16, 2014
4.59/5  rDev +68.8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Saw this on display at Bevmo and couldn't help but try it... the bottle is beautiful and great to show off for guests, but that speaks for itself - on to the beer.

Light and flavorful lager, says "chinese style" but I don't know what that means - to me it was pretty similar to heineken, a great warm weather beer, but something that would also be easy to drink year round. I didn't get any of the skunky aroma / taste that a few people have mentioned - maybe those were left in the sun too long?

All in all, I would definitely buy this again if I'm having people over or want to show up somewhere with an interesting six pack.

Finks1991, Jul 15, 2014

There is nothing I don't like about this beer. Except that I can only find one store in Indiana that sells it! The gimmicky bottle drew me in but the light, refreshing taste stole my heart. I'm not a fan of dark beers, and I do like a bit of lime or lemon in some.

Bethk81, Jul 14, 2014
4.63/5  rDev +70.2%

I was never a real beer drinker until last year. A friend started turning me on to different imported beers. I found that I just can't really tolerate domestic beers, any longer. The next thing I new, I'm a bit of a beer snob. I came across Lucky Buddha and was intrigued by the bottle. I purchased some and took it home - now this beer snob has another brew to add to his list of faves.

DB75, Jul 14, 2014
4.15/5  rDev +52.6%

I find this beer to have a nice combination of flavors that make it a good beer to enjoy bothah at the end of the day as well as at social events. The light golden color when poured and almost non existent head makes for a pleasureable glass of beer.

It has a smooth taste and lets face it the bottle is pretty cool.

Drunkhammer, Jul 14, 2014

Cinthia, Jul 13, 2014

wieshefe17, Jul 12, 2014
2.23/5  rDev -18%

Lucky Buddha was a disappointment for me. The bottle intrigued me and I bought a sixer. When I popped the cap on the first one the immediate skunky smell caught my attention. I got past the stale odor and gave it a shot. The beer's flavor matched perfectly with the smell. My next thought was that the beer was old or had been repeatedly chilled and warmed. I am sure the beer sells pretty well due to the bottle shape. but I suggest that anyone interested in this beer by a single first. I am not sure if I caught a bad six pack or that was the actual flavor being aimed for.

ordybill, Jul 11, 2014

drwatson32, Jul 10, 2014
3.14/5  rDev +15.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

Brilliant golden color with nearly no head.

Aroma is grainy and slightly skunky, with a touch of floral hops.

Flavor follows suit, with a fairly bready background and definite skunky notes.

Body is fairly light, with moderate to high carbonation and a touch of alcohol warmth.

The skunky notes are offputting, but the overall background is pretty decent.

barczar, Jul 08, 2014
4.28/5  rDev +57.4%
look: 5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

It's Heineken without the aftertaste. Very solid summer beer, light, crisp and nice finish. Great beer to bring to a party or an event. It's funny to sit back and watch people react to the bottle. Side note: my girlfriend likes it...quite possibly just because of the bottle. :)

Socplayer5, Jul 07, 2014