Follow our progress ...

Added by BeerAdvocate on 06-17-2002

firstprev| 26-50 | 51-75 | 76-100  | next → last
Reviews: 78 | Ratings: 129
3.97/5  rDev +39.8%

Unfortunately the bartenders here in Cyprus DO NOT know how to serve draught beer.The appearance of this beer could have been much much better but unfortunately although it pours a beautiful golden colour it's topped by a very poor head of about 1cm. The aroma is the standard pilsener aroma with hints of citrus. Mouthfeel is average and drinkability is quite impressive. Goes down very easily. If you are to try this beer prefer the bottle serving type

3.88/5  rDev +36.6%

I was recently in Cyprus and decided to sample this local beer. I normally stick to ale so I'm not all that knowledgable about pilsners but I was very happy with this beer. It was light with just a little kick. The best way I can describe it is that it is what I imagine Budweiser tasted like before it got so big that tast didn't matter anymore.

2.93/5  rDev +3.2%

550ml can.

Pours a light yellow-gold, with an ample white head and streams of carbonation. The aroma was a mixture of breadlike sweetness and a touch of spicy hops. Flavor is much of the same, with the hops contributing a bit of spicy flavor and a touch of bitterness.

The beer had a very light body and medium to high carbonation.

This is actually my second time reviewing this beer, and I thought it was much better the second time around. Still, this would rate as a very average European Pilsner.

firstprev| 26-50 | 51-75 | 76-100  | next → last