Birra Tedesca (Birra Moneta Che Ride) - Brauerei zum Schwarzen Adler

Birra Tedesca (Birra Moneta Che Ride)
No picture.

Awaiting 10 Reviews

pDev: n/a
Brauerei zum Schwarzen Adler

Euro Pale Lager |  4.30% ABV

Beer added by: elNopalero on 05-14-2013

2/5  rDev n/a

A beer with no name. On the label you can only read "birra" (the italian word for beer), no trademark, no style. If you read very well the label you can discover that it's brewed by Schwarzen Adler (I've asked google information but it seems that only God knows where this brewery is, I believe somewhere in Germany). The most intersting feature of the beer is that it cost two penny for an entire pallet of cans.
It's pale straw with a white foam. At the nose you can find some honey and floral flavour, there is a little DMS. The taste is unbalanced, the hop it's too low so the sweetness dominates. Fortunatly the taste don't last for long.

2.17/5  rDev n/a
look: 2.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

Purchased at a COOP store in Venice. This beer appears to be contract brewed by the Brauerei zum Schwarzen Adler for the Italian chain of COOP stores and sold in a can which looks like the Italian equivalent of the generic B&W BEER can (as seen in the movie Repo Man), 4.3% abv. I have listed it as Birra Tedesca, the name I pulled off the can, as well as Birra Monteta Che Ride, the name I found it listed under via ratebeer. (I am not sure why there is a different listing on that site as I don’t use it, but the image matches the can I drank.)

This was a bad beer. Yet in a sea of bad beers it stands out. Sessionable and dirt cheap, this beer pours a light pale golden yellow with a lot of foam that quickly fizzes out. There’s an aroma of corn husk water and stale dog. The flavor has a surprising and welcome crispness that disappears as soon as I register it, mere seconds later, with a thin finish and enough carbonation to get me burping. I feel a head ache coming on already. Bad, but not awful, and certainly in league with other Italian mass produced lagers.

Birra Tedesca (Birra Moneta Che Ride) from Brauerei zum Schwarzen Adler
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.