Wisdom Cream Ale - Big Hole Brewing Company

No picture uploaded.

Big Hole Brewing Company
Montana, United States

Cream Ale |  5.00% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 06-17-2002)
Reviews by Fabric8r:
4.85/5  rDev +74.5%

One of my favorite beers! I consider it a "sipping beer" for easy consumtion, not to be guzzled. The slight apricot flavor is curious, the smooth, thick mouth feel is a real pleasure and the aftertaste a delight, so sip it slowly.
Draft is better than bottled, so of you can find it on tap, enjoy!

I believe there were some sanitation problems, I have seen and heard of "goopy" beer in bottles, and have heard of the issue from another brewery. Too bad, this is one fine recipe.

10-1-03: This beer is now no longer made. Please, any brewery, get their recipe and brew it. It has been replaced with Wisdom Amber Ale, which is just horrible, and could be the death of Big Hole Brewing.

Fabric8r, Dec 06, 2002
2.05/5  rDev -26.3%

Hazy pale brown color, weird head of 1/4 inches of sticky small bubbles. Strange sense of greasiness, eh...Straw and yeasty aroma, along with a medicinal sharpness. Coating mouthfeel and very dull "unfinished" flavors, some of maple syrup and a little sense of uncooked oats. The aroma doesn't help the weird mouthfeel. This beer is very strange and somewhat unsettling. While I can't call it "slimy", I can't call it "creamy" either. A hard time finishing this beer. I do like the watercolor of the buffalo headress on the label...

ADR, Oct 16, 2002
2.05/5  rDev -26.3%

I have to give Big Hole credit for putting this out. That took "Big Balls". On the other hand, I guess I do have to give them credit for introducing an entirely original product! I've never had, and don't expect to ever have again, anything like this. It's like heavy unfermented wort. Creamy, yes? Enjoyable, no. Of course, I hate to put a rating like this up for such a great brewery. Mythical White is brilliant. In fact, all of their other beers are well worth trying. Cheers!

NeroFiddled, Jul 26, 2002
2.95/5  rDev +6.1%

Kind of gooped out of the bottle and chucks of white head rose to the surface. Aroma was of sweet butterscoth. Very highly carbonated with a head that is creamy and somewhat sweet with a hint of orange. I don't know why everyone else is hating this beer, but I found it pretty average. Maybe keeping it in the cellar so long mellowed it out a bit.

jreitman, Feb 02, 2003

Wow, a beer I really didn't like at all. Pours a jelly like body, light color. Stinky bitter tarty smell, really smelled bad...
I really thought this beer this beer had gone bad or something, just by the pour and the look of it. It had gobs of jelly like stuff floating around, I only took one sip and down the drain it went. After finding some discriptions/reviews on the net, I found out it's actually wasn't a bad bottle, it actually is supposed to look like that...that's the sad part. Although I will never purchase this again...I'll still try the other products though.

WilliamPhilaPa, Jun 17, 2002
Wisdom Cream Ale from Big Hole Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 5 ratings.