Baciami Lipsia (Kiss My Lips) - Birrificio Del Ducato

Baciami Lipsia (Kiss My Lips)
No picture uploaded.

Birrificio Del Ducato visit their website
Italy

Gose |  4.50% ABV

Beer added by: BlackHaddock on 01-08-2014

to view more.
Ratings: 48 | Reviews: 6
4.2/5  rDev +0.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

On-tap at Alewife, Long Island City, NY

A: The beer is slightly hazy yellow in color and has no visible carbonation. It poured with a short head that died down and left a thin layer of bubbles covering the surface and a collar around the edge of the glass.
S: Moderate aromas of sourness are present in the nose.
T: Like the smell, the taste starts out with sourness and has some hints of salt towards the finish.
M: It feels light-bodied on the palate and has a moderate amount of carbonation.
O: This beer is very easy to drink given its light body nature, but the sourness also makes it interesting enough to sip and savor.

4.5/5  rDev +7.9%

The only Gose I've found I liked. Some say it's too salty, not for me. It was refreshing, tart and crushable. This is recommended.

3.75/5  rDev -10.1%

On draft, pours a cloudy straw pale yellow, good carbonation, thin white head.

The nose is tart, citrus peel, yeast, good funk. It has a very rustic barnyard note. The flavor is traditional gose, lots of salt, some wood, but I can't place the barrel. Lemon zest at the end. This is good, clean, but I never think of a gose as refreshing due to the saltiness. Fun to try.

4.06/5  rDev -2.6%

I tried this beer several times, on draft, at The Dew Drop Inn in Derby CT. Its a fantastic sour that left me wanting more. The salt was more obvious the second time I tried it as opposed to the first. I believe we were at the bottom of the barrel the second time I tried it. Anyways, if you can find it in a bottle at the store or see it on draft at a bar then you'd be foolish not to try it.

4.85/5  rDev +16.3%

bought a 750ml bottle

Appearance - beautiful pinkish hue with small head

Smell - smells like a delicious sour just waiting for me to dive into

Taste - very much like a traditional gose, but the added 9 months in the wine barrel did it some good. I could definitely taste the salt (pink Himalayan), which added an extra layer of complexity to it.

Mouthfeel - taking down the gose was delicious. great and think mouth feel

Awesome brew. The $22 price tag was a little more than I wanted to spend, but looks like it was well worth it. I'll be buying another bottle or two at some point.

3.24/5  rDev -22.3%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Draught in Open Baladin, Rome on 10th Dec 2013.

Misty orange coloured beer with a smooth white head.

It reminded me of a well carbonated sour 'scrumpy cider' in both aroma and taste. Yet it didn't really have an apple flavour or smell: weird.

Glad I had a glass, not a huge fan of sour beers, but this was refreshing and although fairly 'fizzy' it hit the spot after wandering the streets of Rome and getting lost while trying to find a few sights.

to view more.