Caybrew - Cayman Islands Brewery Ltd.

CaybrewCaybrew

poor

Cayman Islands Brewery Ltd. visit their website
Cayman Islands

Euro Pale Lager |  5.00% ABV

(Beer added by: Todd on 06-05-2007)
2.65/5  rDev -2.6%

I was on cruise and traveled through the Cayman Islands. I tried this beer over lunch both on tap and in the bottle. It was what I would expect from a pale lager from an island countries.

L - It poured very light and had the typical head of many american pilsners.

S - It smelled like corn and grains noticeable in many beers of the same quality.

T - The beers taste was bland with no distinct flavor. The draft version had a very bitter aftertaste similar to a beer from a keg of busch light.

F - Although the taste wasn't that great It was light and refreshing for the warm tropical climate.

D - Drinkable for the hot weather. Goes down easy due to the light and carbonation.

Worthy of drinking in the Caymans but not one to seek out.

spycow, Jan 11, 2009
2.3/5  rDev -15.4%

Poured a light golden color with a small amount of white fluffy head.

The smell was mostly of corn, grains, and yeast.

This beer tasted mostly of the above, corn, grains, and yest.

Light-bodied crisp feel, a bit watery with high carbonation.

This was an average drinker, although not very tasty, it was basically a cheaper tasting Heineken but more expensive. Not a bad idea to give it a try if you're in the Caymans but it's not something I would seek out.

BeerCon5, Aug 07, 2008
2.65/5  rDev -2.6%

I was on Grand Cayman as part of a cruise and spent the day at a beach front bar on the famous 7 mile beach. I was more than excited to try the local brew, as I am everywhere I go. I ordered a Caybrew draft, which when poured into a plastic cup (less than ideal I know) looked very light and resembled many of keg beer that I drank in college. The smell and taste was also very reminiscent of a cheap domestic keg beer. I wouldn't have been surprised if the bartender had told me that they hooked up the wrong keg and I had received a draft of Busch or Natural light. I was fairly disappointed and spent the rest of the day drinking Red Stripes. I would only recommend this beer just to say that you have tasted it.

stinoski, Feb 17, 2008
Caybrew from Cayman Islands Brewery Ltd.