1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.

Reserve Landtrust Lager - Oakshire Brewing

Reserve Landtrust Lager
No picture uploaded.

1 Rating

pDev: 0%
Oakshire Brewing visit their website
Oregon, United States

Märzen / Oktoberfest |  6.40% ABV

(Beer added by: MaltsOfGlory on 05-11-2012)
Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

3.28/5  rDev 0%

(Shortened) On the nose it’s all malts, rich malts, somewhat complex and a little sweet. The sweetness isn’t over the top though, and that’s very nice. Perhaps a small hop note in here as well. There is for sure a nice fruity smell to it, mangos, apples, apricots, those kinds of fruits, not too dark. The smell isn’t very big overall, it’s hard for my to get the aromas to my nose, but it’s not a bad smell from what I am getting. Overall it smells a little “different” to me, and maybe a little off, but it’s not a bad smell, I’m kinda digging it. Well the flavor is…very interesting. On the first sip it just comes off as very watery, mouthfeel wise and taste wise, with nothing much to offer other than a significant Oktoberfest malt taste. Although, after the second and third swig I am getting some other flavors. For an Oktoberfest beer, it has a nice amount of hops, not a lot by any means, but for the style it’s a nice touch. I’m glad it’s not just bombarded with malts. With that being said, the malts are still the dominating flavor, very bready, rich, slightly sweet. I’m glad the malts aren’t overly sweet just like I suspected they wouldn’t be on the smell. Maybe just a tiny tiny bit of fruit in here, if there is it isn’t much. Really it’s not the flavor that I’m having a problem with, the flavor isn’t outstanding, but it’s really not that bad at all. It’s the mouthfeel that’s bothering me. Like I said the mouthfeel just comes across as super watery. Extremely low carbonation, even when I agitate the beer in my mouth. Overall it’s just…watery as all hell, I can’t really say anything more than that, there is no backbone at all to the mouthfeel. Not a good mouthfeel at all. The drinkability isn’t bad at all. It’s a 6.4% beer and it drinks like a 5% beer, really no presence of alcohol at all. On top of that it’s taste, and watery as all hell, so it’s damn easy to drink. Overall it’s a very interesting beer, from beginning to end. Interesting smell, interesting (but good) taste, and an extremely bad mouthfeel, along with a not so great appearance, it’s an odd beer. Bottom line is that it has PLENTY of areas that could be improved, especially the mouthfeel, but the taste itself isn’t that bad, I wont mind finishing my 22 at all.

MaltsOfGlory, May 11, 2012
Reserve Landtrust Lager from Oakshire Brewing
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.