OBF 26 - Oakshire Brewing

Oregon, United States

American Blonde Ale |  7.20% ABV

Beer added by: flagmantho on 07-29-2013

3.84/5  rDev +2.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

I had this beer on-tap in my OBF pint glass at Oregon Brewers Festival. Oakshire calls it an "Imperial Oregon Ale", but also refers to it as a "golden ale".

Appearance: gold in color with no haze and a very light effervescence. Head is a thin layer of ivory foam; I really like the color.

Smell: fruity, citrusy, tangeriney, sweet. It's kind of light in intensity, but has the right level of piquancy and fruitiness for me. I quite like it.

Taste: sweet and fruity with a kind of golden-raisin flavor. Hops are a little bit more on the herby side; less tangeriney, sweet and candy-like than the aroma. There's also a little bit of graininess in the mix; good, but not as good as the aroma.

Mouthfeel: medium body with a very good level of carbonation and a nice, satisfying creaminess. Good stuff.

Overall: good, but a little bit too grainy for my taste. If it tasted more like the aroma, then I would be all over this beer.

OBF 26 from Oakshire Brewing
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.