Vortex IPA - Fort George Brewery + Public House

Vortex IPAVortex IPA

Fort George Brewery + Public House visit their website
Oregon, United States

Beer added by: RedDiamond on 07-13-2007

"Our IPA is made with generous additions of Cascade, Simcoe and Palisade hops throughout the brewing, fermentation and conditioning phases, balanced with heaps of organic pale malt. We designed this to not rip your taste buds off your tongue, but rather vigourously stimulate them and your palate into a lupulin-ecstacy of pleasure. During the cross-country truck trip our brewery made to find it's home in Astoria, it was nearly scattered to the cornfields of Nebraska by a tornado. We try to capture some of nature's intensity in every pint."

ABV 7.7% IBU 97
to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 321 | Reviews: 94

4.24/5  rDev +4.7%

3.4/5  rDev -16%

3.5/5  rDev -13.6%

2.75/5  rDev -32.1%

4.89/5  rDev +20.7%

Received this beer as an extra in a recent trade. Excited to taste a another beer from Fort George.
A: Pours a vibrant yellow-orange with a monster head that is rocky and creamy and gorgeous. Tones of floaties in the brew, especially at the bottom of the can which I personally love in my IPAs. Perfect lacing rings are formed down the side of the glass as I drink.
S: Remarkable! I get immediate citrus and pine bomb. With candied sugar sweetness to compliment. A little pineapple and caramel malt. Tons of lemon peel and some grassyness as well.
T: Boom! Follows the nose to a tee. You've got the huge hop flavor perfectly balanced with the malt to create an ultimate IPA experience on my taste buds. There is a dankness and earthy greenness to the taste which I love. It's like fresh hop juice with a complementing malt sweetness. Really digging it.
MF: This is what takes this beer to another level for me. Full and creamy with perfect carb. Not too much bitterness, but enough that brings me back to the glass immediately for another sip. I don't feel or taste the alcohol at all which is a major plus.
O: This beer just blew my mind. I recently enjoyed the new 3-Way IPA which is one of the best IPAs I have drank in a long time, but this one surpasses it, which I did not expect. I would rank this easily as one of the top 3 IPAs I have ever had the privilege of enjoying.

3.75/5  rDev -7.4%

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Vortex IPA from Fort George Brewery + Public House