Get FREE shipping on all US orders of $25 or more from the BeerAdvocate Store.

No promo code required. Offer valid through 4/30.

Ready to gear up? Start shopping →

Big Dry Stout | The Brew Keeper

YOUR RATING = None |
Awaiting 10 Reviews
4.2

The Brew Keeper
Ohio, United States | website

Style: American Stout

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by Ricochet on 12-02-2009

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
Reviews by Ricochet:
4.2/5  rDev n/a

A new beer creation by the new brewer at the Brew Keeper. First impression of this when I tried it a week ago was exactly as advertised. Big, dry, stout. I came back a week later and waited for it to finish pouring from the tap. (Nitro, means lots of foam. I'd say 5 minutes for the finished 23 oz.) Appearance is about as standard great as a stout gets. Foamy, stong and sticky head, like an ice cream float. Constant lace. It was very lively when it poured too, standard for a stout. Black. No light.

Smell? I could smell it two feet away. Standard heavy burnt malt with a maple syrup remainder. Mouth is creamy as a nitro should be, with a light maple aftertaste like I'd just eaten pancakes, only not sweet and very thin, like a stout should be. I'd say watery, but that would be the wrong description.

Yep. The taste, again as advertised. Dry. Not sweet. Slight coffee but more of the burnt malt and maple syrup. Twinge of bitter at the back to make hop fans happy.

So, this is the type of beer I'd drink every day. True to everything stout fans love. I'm a fan. I hope this becomes a regular on tap.

Big Dry Stout from The Brew Keeper
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.