Join our email list →

3.5/5  rDev -2%

3.75/5  rDev +5%

3.25/5  rDev -9%

3.56/5  rDev -0.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

There is nothing like opening a box from the mighty JenRay who routinely sends me CANs from Texas! This one arrived recently and since I got a pic approved, I am going to dive right in. Speaking of diving in, what is good with (especially Austin) Texas? Several CANs have had VERY 1960's-like psychedelic graphics, one referenced "Dank", others are just cool. Man, maybe I should quit badmouthing the place, but somehow, I don't think that my freewheelin' lifestyle would work down there ... Although if Kate the Great ever frees up from her old man, I'd be back down in a heartbeat!

From the CAN: "An Austin Original".

The Crack! revealed yet another brimful craft CAN & this, coupled with the fact that it was a 16-fl. oz. pounder CAN, led me to CANduct a gentle Glug. I still managed to produce a finger of fizzy, off-white head with decent retention. Color was a hazy Yellow-Gold (SRM = 4 - 5) and as is their wont, the Gelt Gang of Croesus, Midas & Mammon turned up their collective nose in favor of purer clarity. More for me. Nose smelled like freshly-squeezed grapefruit juice. Mmmm. Mouthfeel was medium. The taste was very much of citrusy grapefruit, but with a hint of honey, leading me to wonder what type of malt had been used. It was kind of a letdown for me, since the CAN had led me to expect the taste of French Kissing a wet hop cone. The power of good graphic transference onto an aluminum cylinder strikes again! Finish was semi-dry, but I seemed to get more of a hoppy bite (which I crave) on the tongue and in the mouth. The finish seemed more muted. Not bad, but I have had better CANned IPAs.

3.94/5  rDev +10.4%

3.52/5  rDev -1.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.55/5  rDev -0.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

3.79/5  rDev +6.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

3.25/5  rDev -9%

3.61/5  rDev +1.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

3.5/5  rDev -2%

3.53/5  rDev -1.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

3.6/5  rDev +0.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Pours a slightly hazy light yellow gold with white head. Pine, citrus, and grass on the nose; follows onto the palate. Medium bodied. Finishes with a piney grapefruit note.

3.04/5  rDev -14.8%

The Green Room from Uncle Billy's Brew & Que
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.