Join our email list →

Availability: Fall

Beer added by: BeerImmediately on 08-19-2010

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last
4.26/5  rDev +12.4%

A: Foamy hed, with decent lacing. Lots of lacing. The color could be more inviting tho; lager.

S: Pumpkin pie and spices. Clove and cinnamon. Squashy. Vanilla. Raw pumpkin....pumpkin rind.

T: Yummy. NOT PUMPKIN PIE; which is nice. A malty, delicious brew with hints of cinnamon, clove and raw pumpkin. Clove finishes.

M: Chewy, and full bodied. A really nice coat on the tongue! Really nice!

O: This is a refreshing take on pumkin beers. NOT PUMPKIN PIE, BUT JUST PUMPKIN. Great job Allentown. I love PA breweries!!!

4.28/5  rDev +12.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

This one's a slightly hazy honey-copper with a thin collar of creamy head.

Smells of clover honey, pumpkin spices, and ginger.

Kind of has a fruit-cake thing going for it in the flavor, with molasses, spices, and dark fruits. Just imagine if gramma got to baking a few months early and grabbed some extra allspice and nutmeg. Well packaged flavor profile! A lot of these are a cacophony of flavors, while this one manages to meld together into something neat. Well done!

Feels present and dense, but thankfully clean. As the presence dissipates, it reveals a bit more of the spice.

I was caught off guard by this one. It seems to be really well put together and pleasingly balanced.

4.3/5  rDev +13.5%

A - Pours a bronze color with alot of very active carbonation and light lacing.

S - Pumpkin, nutmeg, cinnamon - that's about it. Smells like a pumpkin ale should. The aroma is moderately strong overall, smells very good.

T - Very big pumpkin flavor with a nice load of cinnamon loaded in (and nutmeg too). Overall sweetness is not too cloying like some pumpkin ales and there's just the right amount to make it very enjoyable. Also picking up a very small amount of ginger with a small trace of cloves. What really blows me away is that for the %, the ABV, in my opinion, is completely hidden here. NICE!

M - Mild carbonation on the tongue, almost creamy. Medium body and for this much flavor, you would think it would be a heavier beer.

D - "Deviously Delicious" and excellent balance. 'Nuff said. I'll have another, please.

4.3/5  rDev +13.5%

Updating review on 9/29/2011. Original done on 9/3/2010.

Poured into a nonic.

Pours a deep, dark brown-orange colored brew that has a good two finger head that is a creamy off white color. Descent lacing and the head retains very well, leaving a clumpy cover on top.

Smells of pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, a hint of clove and a buttery malt with some mild hop bitters.

Tastes of predominantly of pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg as well as buttery roasted caramel malts. Complex flavors, a lot going on here. Mild hop bitter in the back with a faint alcohol burn.

Medium bodied, but on the thick side, creamy, smooth stout-like in the mouth. Good carbonation.

In spite of the abv, this is is a very sessionable imperial pumpkin. Pumpkin ales (especially the imperials) are for me, one of the joys of this time of year and something that I look forward to enjoying. This is definitely one of my favorites.

4.3/5  rDev +13.5%

Purchased a 4-pack of 12oz bottles at Wegman's in Collegeville PA.

I won't pretend to know much about what characteristics are ideal for beer. I just know that when I drank this I tasted pumpkin and some spice, and the flavors were nicely balanced to my thinking. The spices were there but did not overpower the pumpkin flavor. I like pumpkin and liked that I could taste it. This a a beer I can enjoy with a meal or a snack, and wouldn't mind a second if I am feeling thirsty. Careful though, it's not named Devious for nothing - packs a bit of a wallop, so another good reason to enjoy with food.

4.32/5  rDev +14%

This one comes in a 750 ml bottle. It pours a pretty clear glossy orange/amber with a small, tight cream colored head.

Nose is a beauty. Nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon and caramelized malts. This pretty much smells like a Pumpkin Pie factory. Awesome.

Taste is a bit high on the alcohol at first but then all of the flavors come through immediatly. Lush and creamy pumpkin and crystal malts and all of the spices you can ask for. This ones semi sweet and has a decent carbonation. Give me a bottle of this and two slices of Grade A pumpkin pie with some whipped cream and I'll be set for the night.

4.35/5  rDev +14.8%

As a fall-seasonal lover, I'm always on the hunt for new pumpkin-flavored beers. Though I'm from Northeastern, PA, I hadn't really heard a ton about Fegley's Devious, but then randomly stumbled upon some singles of it at a pizza shop in my hometown. Overall, it's one of the better pumpkin beers on the market (and I've had a ton - Dogfish still being the best I've had). It draws a nice balance between thin and malty, which in my opinion, makes for the better of the pumpkin ale batches. Imperial Pumking is revered as the best-there-is, and I think it's terribly over-malted and doused in vanilla flavoring. Fegley's, much like Dogfish Punkin, is quite drinkable, and you're not tired of it after one. It's a fantastic compliment to any fall occasion, especially Thanksgiving dessert. Great job, Allentown!

4.47/5  rDev +17.9%

Bottle to Duvel tulip.

Nice clear glowing ruby amber to orange beer. Frothy off white head that fades pretty quickly.

Smells really nice, pumpkin pie spice are leaping out of the glass. Smells the most like liquid pumpkin pie of any pumpkin beer I've tried. Certainly nothing hiding behind complexity though, it's all out front.

Taste mirrors the smell, nutmeg, cinammon, vanilla, bread crust, and some dark fruits to remind you it's a beer. Very drinkable, especially at 9.00%.

Nice full mouthfeel and medium carbonation.

Overall, a pleasant pumpkin beer that you don't have to struggle to finish.

4.55/5  rDev +20.1%

This is a class A beer! period! I have had many pumpkin beers and this really is the best one I have had to date. Great aroma and a fantastic taste! Just really a great beer. I am surprised this isnt rated higher because I think this spanks Weyerbachers Imperial.

Bottom Line: Best pumpkin beer I have had!

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last