Landshark Lager - Margaritaville Brewing Co.

Landshark LagerLandshark Lager

poor

poor

Margaritaville Brewing Co. visit their website
Florida, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  4.70% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 01-17-2007)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Landshark Lager Alström Bros
WakeandBake

2.25/5  rDev -14.4%

Notes Aug/2008
A pee yellow pour with a soapy white head,no lacing. Aroma of corn,straw,and barn yard.Flavor is like corn and cardboard,thin body,funky mouthfeel,leaves an odd aftertaste,cant pinpoint it but we'll call it unpleasent.A little fruit/lemon/lime would help this out,but I will never buy again

12-07-2008 14:24:27 | More by WakeandBake
Vendetta

1.53/5  rDev -41.8%

Original Rating Date:
June 7, 2008

My father brought some of these home this afternoon. Clear bottle is an immediate turn off, I'm preparing myself for massive skunkitude. Skunky smell, weak watery taste. Most light beers look watery, but this looks especially watery in a way that I can't quite put my finger on. The only thing I can really say about this beer is that it's like Corona but not quite as terrible. Which isn't much to say at all. Bad beer, pass on it unless it's free. I was actually mad that I dirtied a glass with this beer.

12-07-2008 00:28:07 | More by Vendetta
mynie

Indiana

1.27/5  rDev -51.7%

Now we're in the digs. I'm not going to go off on a rant about how much I hate Jimmy Buffet (suffice it to say that I hate him very deeply). Nor am I going to talk about how infuriating it is that Jimmy shares my political views and general outlook on life but does so in a way that's so braindead and homogenic that his fame actually angers me. Not gonna do that, either. What I will do is say I tried very hard to avoid this beer. Even after it got ridiculous amounts of PoP support, even after all my friends told me how totally amazing it was.

What I will say is that I honest-to-god approached this beer with an open mind. I tried very hard to judge it on its merits, to not let it be tainted by my prejudice. That was much, much more effort than it was worth.

Pours piss limp, less impressive even than Bud Light. Smells equally limp, like water with some mild beer sweetness. But where it really fails, where it nearly joins the ranks of Hamm's and Fat Cat, is in the flavor. It tastes like cardboard and wood. Lick a dirty coffee table and you'll get an approximation of the flavor.

Avoid.

11-24-2008 04:15:20 | More by mynie
Overlord

1.68/5  rDev -36.1%

I love Jimmy Buffett's music. His brews/liquor ... not so much.

Pours a watery yellow. Surprisingly mild white foam head. Smells like ... oh no, corn skunk. Taste is almost more like a bready malt liquor than a macro lager. Just bad. Why Jimmy? Why?

Thin and watery.

11-23-2008 05:24:46 | More by Overlord
ocelot2500

Arizona

2.23/5  rDev -15.2%

Pours a clear yellow with a big head that dies down quickly.

Smells like corn.

Tastes like corn with some malt sweetness much like corona.

Mouthfeel is very thin and watery with some harsh carbonation.

Is another macro that is meant to be "drinkable" by the standard of you can drink a lot and not be filled.

11-16-2008 20:46:52 | More by ocelot2500
matt7215

Ontario (Canada)

2.13/5  rDev -19%

355 ml clear bottle. well within the best before date.

my parents were recently traveling through upstate NY and Vermont and my dad picked up a mixed 6er of micros for me and a case of landshark for himself.

this brew pours pale yellow with a decent head with minimal retention. active carbonation.

the aroma when cold is of nothing. as it warms some sweet corn comes out and at the very end some passable pale lager real malt actually shows up.

the flavour is similar to the aroma. actually not terrible but nothing really good about it. some atually decent malt does come through but there is way to much corn and no hop bitterness. the carbonation actually holds the sweetness is check.

not something id ever buy but it wasnt totally a waste of time.

11-13-2008 14:45:52 | More by matt7215
Wasatch

Utah

2.08/5  rDev -20.9%

Pours a nice clean/clear golden pale yellow color, nice carbonation, nice one-finger foamy white head, with some sticky lacing left behind. The nose is malty, slight hops, with some spice. The taste is slightly sweet, malty, slight hop/citrus. Light body. Not drinkable, this is a dissappointment all the way around.

11-08-2008 22:12:50 | More by Wasatch
LordofTime25

Iowa

2.6/5  rDev -1.1%

Pours a straw yellow color with little or no head.

Smells sweet with a hint of corn and fruit!

A decent macro lager taste. Corn and fruit of some sort.

Very watery in mouth with a high carbonation.

Would only drink if I was eating spicy food or having a tropical themed party.

11-03-2008 22:32:30 | More by LordofTime25
Soneast

Wisconsin

1.73/5  rDev -34.2%

Clear yellow in color, watery head, no lace.

Light hops/yeast, some citrus notes, minimal scent to speak of.

A little bit of citrus, very bland taste with a mild sweet bitterness that I don't think comes from hops.

Watery, high carbonation.

I will never buy this beer. Fortunately the one I tried, I didn't purchase, it was something left over in my parent's refrigerator. It tries to be like Corona and succeeds at being nasty just like Corona. One of only a few beers that I've actually dumped out.

10-18-2008 22:43:46 | More by Soneast
bonkers

2.93/5  rDev +11.4%

I poured a 12 ounce bottle into a standard pint glass. It looks like yellow water with a white head. I held a paper up on the other side and was able to read it. This beer is very sweet smelling, nothing I can put my finger on, just sweet. The beer is thin and sweet. Not a whole lot of flavor going on, no bitterness. Because the beer is so thin it is easily drinkable. I woud not buy this beer, ($7 a 6 pack). If you like this style there are better examples at cheaper prices. The only reason I am drinking it is it was left at my house by a friend.

10-18-2008 21:05:01 | More by bonkers
Biscuit033

2.68/5  rDev +1.9%

A: Bright gold with a one finger white head that quickly disappears. There is some spotty lacing but looks like a flat lager.

S: There is a corn and grainy aroma and it is not very clean.

T: There is more flavor than your normal BMC but nothing except sweet grain and corn stand out.

M: Godd carbination, light body, and a sweet aftertaste that is neither crisp not clean.

D: This may be okay with spicy food like wings but otherwise not something I would go back to.

10-15-2008 22:52:53 | More by Biscuit033
Offa

2.58/5  rDev -1.9%

This seems like a marketing gimmick to me and it is more or less what I expected - simple and uninteresting, but still pleasant to drink with some lasting flavour.

It's straw yellow, just a hair towards being more gold, with a thin, weak white head that quickly dissipates to a thing ring.

The aroma is light grain, sweet apple juice, a hint of grass. Light, basic, but pleasant.

The taste is similar, light, sweet grain and sweet, faintly musty, apple juice, with a grain-corn aftertaste. It has essentially no bitterness - just the barest trace is noticeable. It's soft and pleasant, easy to drink but a bit too sweet and one-dimensional.

10-14-2008 22:45:53 | More by Offa
n00tz

Georgia

2.08/5  rDev -20.9%

A - Gold body, bleach white head, minimal carbonation.

S - super light hops, starchy scent. nothing much to it.

T - very light citrus hops. bland flavor, not much to it... I hate to say it, but this tastes like water and hops were just stored next to eachother.

M - clean, watery feeling.

D - as long as Jimmy Buffet is played, there will be a Landshark beer drinker. I'd rather pay the premium for water, myself.

10-11-2008 00:34:54 | More by n00tz
oriolesfan4

Maryland

2.3/5  rDev -12.5%

It's Corona in another bottle.. there's really zero taste difference, plus it's usually a dollar or 2 more than Corona per 12 pack.. which is already pretty pricey! Good if you're on a beach on a hot day but other than that it's pretty bad. Why do people drink stuff like this..

10-03-2008 00:36:56 | More by oriolesfan4
Hojaminbag

Colorado

1.7/5  rDev -35.4%

Actually looks decent. A big fluffy, airy, white head. Translucent golden body.

The smell is not quite as good as the taste. The typical sweet/corny aromas of a macro lager with some metalic notes.

Taste is about the some really sweet corn flavors with a bad aftertaste.

Mouthfeel is pretty thin and watery.

I guess you could pound a ton of these if you just wanted to get trashed.

09-29-2008 23:44:41 | More by Hojaminbag
MuddyFeet

1.88/5  rDev -28.5%

Carbonated yellow water.

Pours the color of melted yellow snow with a white foamy head. Nose is non-existent. Nothing but water. Flavor is more of the same but with some carbonation texture. Really nothing remotely interesting about this beer. I enjoy a cold PBR or Coors Light or Busch Light once in a while but would not drink this beer again.

09-21-2008 18:18:00 | More by MuddyFeet
Berticus

3.8/5  rDev +44.5%

This is an averagely crafted lager with the essence of an island style lager.
Head retention is a bit better than normal and carbonation is just right.
The smell and taste are better than budweiser for sure but not much different.

This lager is NOT like Corona. It is far better but not at all worth 7 something a six pack. its tho only reason it gets bad reviews. Not worth it.

09-16-2008 22:27:19 | More by Berticus
dwpiercetx

1.25/5  rDev -52.5%

I don't like to put bad reviews out there...but come on, this was horrible. I don't even know why I bought it this when there was Sierra Nevada Pale Ale right next to it. Anyways, I was told that this was the bomb and that it tasted like a refined Corona. Instead of ice cold mexican p***, it was a refined American ice cold p***. Poured flat. Smelled like a honky tonk men's bathroom. Tasted...the same. M/D kinda made me want to gag. Don't buy one or six... don't drink one... and definitely pass on this next great beer. Again, I don't like to give bad reviews but sometimes I have to give credit where credit is not.

09-16-2008 20:56:01 | More by dwpiercetx
Zadok

Kansas

2.2/5  rDev -16.3%

Poured a crystal clear straw color, looks like Bud Light. Half finger head that dissipated quickly.

Can't smell much of anything.

Not much of a taste either, a slight bitterness but not much else.

Mouthfeel is pretty watery with medium carbonation.

Not much going on here, but what would you expect from a Bud Light looking beer in a clear bottle? Too bad I wasted one of my mixer sixer slots.

09-12-2008 01:16:49 | More by Zadok
sholland119

1.95/5  rDev -25.9%

Boy is this beer wet...

OK, that is the good news. The bad news is everything else.

Pours a very light gold from the skunk-friendly clear glass bottle. Little bit of white head, no lacing at all.

Taste puts the B in bland. A little bit of malt and a whole lot of nothing behind it.

Mouthfeel is fine, carbonation is fine too.

I would, on the whole, resort to drinking something fruity with an unbrella in if this were the only choice.

HV

09-11-2008 19:18:09 | More by sholland119
drpimento

Wisconsin

2.28/5  rDev -13.3%

Did pour with a decent head and some lace. Aroma? umm guess it didn't smell bad. Pale yellow in color. A very, very mild flavor. Beer. Had some body. Hint of bittersweet. Not much to balance. Carbonation is ok for the style. That's about it. Kind of a yawner.

09-04-2008 02:03:15 | More by drpimento
mtstatebeer

West Virginia

1.1/5  rDev -58.2%

12 oz. bottle. Pours a light-medium yellow (pee) with a very small off-white/yellowish head. Smelled like sweat, straw/hay and lime. Very thin body with a watered down corn flavor. Finished a bit salty. Not good, I'm not really sure how people can drink this.

09-02-2008 23:24:31 | More by mtstatebeer
bltzburgh

2.48/5  rDev -5.7%

Just had this beer last Night at our monthly beer club meeting. Was not a favorite of most their but also not hated either. Not a bad summer beer by the pool can sit and drink without getting full. Smooth not bad just really not very flavorful. Adding a slice of lime helps a bit but still just a medicocre Corona. If I was at a party and it was their I wouldn't not drink it.

Color was a light yellow, small head with little aroma.

Wouldn't keep it on hand.

09-02-2008 00:42:26 | More by bltzburgh
BeerTaster

3.75/5  rDev +42.6%

For an American macro. Appearance clear golden color with two finger white head that settled and left a little lace. Smell clean and sweet malt. Taste sweet malt just a bit of hops to balance and very little adjunents. Mouthfeel light in body mediem carbonation. Drinkability good out of the bottle better out of the glass great for summer and good example of its style.

09-02-2008 00:17:16 | More by BeerTaster
MiScusi

3.95/5  rDev +50.2%

Had a nice cold bottle of this with a little lime wedge in it. In comparing it to Corona it really felt a lot smoother and the taste was very unoffensive, unlike Corona. It had a sweet maltiness to it and went down pretty easy. When looking for a real light beer to enjoy, this isn't a bad choice.

08-31-2008 07:30:55 | More by MiScusi
Landshark Lager from Margaritaville Brewing Co.