Dunedin Oktoberfest Ale - Dunedin Brewery

Dunedin Brewery visit their website
Florida, United States

Märzen / Oktoberfest |  6.00% ABV

Availability: Fall

(Beer added by: BierReise on 09-29-2003)
Reviews by olimpia84:
4.18/5  rDev +17.7%

Had this one on-tap at the source. Served on a Pint glass. Advertised ABV of %6.0.

A: dark amber/redish color with a very opaque tone. Head quickly diminished into an orangy thin layer. Small lacing present.

S: a strong malt smell that is followed by orange, apricot and pumpkin.

T: excellent balance of hops and combination of malts that provide both sweet and bitter presence in the palate, followed by hints of apricot.

M: leans towards medium body, very drinkable with medium carbonation.

O: an excellent oktoberfest beer. It's a solid choice because it's very drinkable and packs a good taste.

olimpia84, Oct 07, 2011
2.78/5  rDev -21.7%

No butterscotch here. I get some floral aroma and something chemcialish. Orange tinted tea color. Wimpy white head. Watery with a not quite malty enough for the style feel. Has flavor of old fruit and veggies when it should just be a mellow malty one dimesional guilty pleasure. It’s not awful it just isn’t very good.

Jredner, Feb 27, 2006

tfsimpkins, Sep 28, 2014

One1Asterisk, Nov 04, 2014

TR0219, Oct 30, 2013
3.55/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

A nice Marzen that is decent but does not impress overly in any one category. The dark amber body is clear and has a reasonable off-white head. The lace effect is very light. The nose is mostly malty and gives only small hints of any hopping. The flavor is decenlty balanced between the sweet malts and the hops, however, and is not too much of a malt trip. The feel is medium and the drinkability good.

AtLagerHeads, Jan 19, 2004
3.15/5  rDev -11.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

Not an earth-shattering beer, but non-offensive nonetheless. I was a little disappointed on the pour as it seemed rather blah with barely a head at all. The color was a nice dark copper.

The smell filled my nose with only a slight nuttiness and some hoppy undertones.

The taste, although milder than I expected, surprised me with an almost mocha aftertaste. That little kick caused me to put the rating in that category to just above average.

The mouthfeel seemed a bit tired, with only slight carbonation that went away quickly.

It's non-offensive qualities would bring me back again...but only after I've tried all the other Oktoberfests.

Guinness4me, Oct 09, 2004
3.85/5  rDev +8.5%

Had this stuff both on tap at old chi-town and in bottle at home.

1st off I would like to talk about the appearance it is a great dark red/orange not so much but great looking head. You could say it looks almost like a samuel adams oktoberfest ale, expt that's where the taste would make a differnce. The smell would be the same as a adam's oktoberfest but this one's a bit fresher.

The taste and mouthfeel is great, I remember tasting something tangy, almost like an orange but it was pretty dark as well. Would say one of the best oktober beer's Ive had so far.

As you think the the taste was the best part think again, for the drinkability will get my highest rate for this brew. You could drink it all day but the smoothness in this beer is amazing and will never go dull, I would recommed this if you want a good/solid beer.

Gaben, Dec 07, 2005
3.03/5  rDev -14.6%

Poured from a one pint bottle into an imperial pint glass. A very nice looking beer. A two finger sized white head of great density forms on top of a golden orange colored beer. Slight carbonation action underneath the surface.

Aroma was mostly weak malts and maybe some adjunct grains like rice. Smells sweet, like a malt liquor. I am not entirely familiar with the style but I cant imagine this is what it is supposed to smell like. Not much by way of hops in the aroma. Some other off aromas make this an intersting sniff.

Tastes is a bit buttery, but smooth and silky. Caramel malts backed by some hop bitterness. A touch sweet, but pretty well balanced. Earthy. A slight bit of spiciness, but overall, a nice beer.

I enjoyed the mouthfeel. Great texture and the perfect amount of carbonation. I dont know if I would revisit this beer, but it was good once.

I think I just dont like Oktoberfests, so take this review with a grain of salt.

SaCkErZ9, Nov 17, 2006
3.53/5  rDev -0.6%

16oz Bottle. Almost clear dark copper colored with minimal head and lacing. Aroma is interesting blend of malts in which no particular one stands out. Medium bodied and smooth with a lightly dry finish and little bitterness. Flavor is mostly malt with roasted malt leading the way. Not a bad offering for an average brewer.

BierReise, Sep 29, 2003
3.6/5  rDev +1.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

Looks good. Amber in color with a slight head that turns into just a ring after a few moments in my glass.

It smells of malted grains and a little butter. No hop aroma. The flavor is a little light, but far from bad. The flavor is malty, as it should be, with a little tart flavor that I don't notice after a few more sips.

Just a teeny bit away from being quite good, this beer is still fine for session drinking. Just a few more pounds of malt and it will be great.

Shaw, Nov 09, 2004
3.68/5  rDev +3.7%

I picked this in up in hopes of finding something from a local brewery that I would enjoy. I asked the nice gentleman at World of Beers in Clearwater which of the Dunedin brews was best, and he said this was.

Serving was from a 1 pint bottle into a pint glass.

Pours a nice orangy amber, a very attractive looking beer in the glass in my humble opinion. Poured with almost no head, and left no lace on the glass as I drank it down.

I rather enjoy the smell of it. There is definitely something citrusy going on there.

The mouthfeel is different. Very light in the mouth, lots of small bubbles that you really notice after you swallow as they stay around to sting your tongue a little bit.

The taste was also something different. I've been drinking quite a few stouts lately and this was a world apart. Very light, somewhat fruity, not bitter at all. No bitter aftertaste. This is probably one of the more refreshing beers I've ever had. And it's a light drinker as well so I wasn't full after finishing it.

Its by no means earth shattering, but is a wonderful alternative to the humdrum beers one can find in the grocery store. It would be decent for a backyard party or BBQ, but it's not out of this world. I would buy this again to share with friends as we sat around and BS'd.

DieselSnorter, Oct 15, 2006