Certified Organic I.P.A. - Eel River Brewing Co.

Certified Organic I.P.A.Certified Organic I.P.A.

poor

Eel River Brewing Co. visit their website

English India Pale Ale (IPA) |  7.20% ABV

Beer added by: nekronos on 11-17-2008

According to the brewer, "This beer is an English Style IPA, which lacks the intense hop bitterness characterized by the American Style."
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Certified Organic I.P.A. Alström Bros

2.25/5  rDev -31.6%

2.88/5  rDev -12.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

Kind of a strange brew. Not like Bob and Doug though. It doesn't smell like much of anything. Kinda yeasty I guess. No hop that I can detect. Taste is just muted. A little hop taste. Bread. Tobacco maybe. Just not a good choice when there are so many great IPA's out there. I really hate to not recommend a beer, especially when brewers put their heart and soul into their craft but I just cannot say I like this beer.

3.48/5  rDev +5.8%

A - A medium, hazy orange color with a bubbly, white head that quickly dissipates.

S - The smell is fairly malt-forward, but with a slight, citrus profile. Not overwhelming at all with hops on the nose.

T - A nice taste, but for the style, not good. There is a little hop taste up front but very little bitterness and almost a bright, orange flavor. Almost a cross between a Belgian wit and a regular IPA.

M - Light, crisp.

Overall - I actually think this is a good beer, but not at all what I expected from an IPA. It's more of a slightly hoppy Belgian Wit. There is a distinct orange flavor with a little hops. A good beer, but for the style, not at all what I would be looking for if I'm trying to drink an IPA.

3.5/5  rDev +6.4%

Certified Organic I.P.A. from Eel River Brewing Co.