White Weasel Wheat - Weasel Boy Brewing Company

Beer added by: BeerBelcher on 05-25-2009

3.25/5  rDev n/a

2.5/5  rDev n/a

1.27/5  rDev n/a

On tap at Bodega. Served in a pint. I'll start by saying I'm glad I had this one during half off happy hour (but I ended up not paying for it anyway).

Appearance
Dirty and murky. There's really not much about this that's white. It looks kinda like dish water. No head, only a thin loogie of floating foam.

Aroma
The aroma was pretty weak. Muddled aromas of yeast, wheat and buttered popcorn. Uhh, popcorn?

Taste
Awful is really all that needs to be said, but I'll elaborate. On the tip of the tongue fleeting flavors of wheat and yeast are noticed. Then things get wacky. From here a buttery flavor builds and builds. It culminates at a very strong flavor of buttered popcorn flavored Jelly Bellys. I hate the popcorn flavored jelly beans. This artificial butter flavor lingers in full strength. It made me shudder.

Mouthfeel
The driness helps a little. I mean at least its not slick like butter too. The carbonation was very low and the body was very thin.

Overall
This was the first beer I've ever sent back at a bar. It was awful. I tried to choke it down, only getting about 1/4 of the way through it. I got a Double Crooked Tree to crush the memory of this mistake of a beer.

2.2/5  rDev n/a

On tap into a pint glass at Columbus Micro brew fest...Pours an ugly dirty honey gold, light off white head. So dirty looking, not appetizing, not at all how a pale wheat should look...The aorma is light wheat, orange peel and a distinct skunky aftertaste...The taste is terrible, just a skunky mess, can't hardly drink this.

How disappoiting. So excited to try something from these guys and this is what they brought? Hope this is not representive of their beers overall.

4.1/5  rDev n/a

A: Nice golden color with lots of head that lasts till almost the end of the glass.

S: Smells of golden wheat fields and hops blended into a fine specimen of White Weasel Wheat that lingers on the tongue with flavors of a classic american wheat beer.

T: Classic flavors of grains and hop make this a great tasting beer.

M: Medium to medium light on the mouthfeel with a very nice carbonation level not to bubbly.

D: Every day in the hot summertime sadley they are 2.5 - 3 hrs away so growlers wont do... maybe a nice 5 gallon keg.... hmmm

2.98/5  rDev n/a

This beer looked the part of a wheat ale, sort of straw-colored, cloudy, with a white head (think Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat for a broadly known comparison), but rather than the fruity and spicy notes associated with the Blue Moons, Spotted Cows, and Sunset Wheat's of the world, this beer had more of the dortmunder-type malty crispness that I'd previously described in my reviews of the Ornery Otter blonde and River Mink mild. I found that characteristic tasty, but unlike in the other two beers that had that note, totally inappropriate here. I'm not a huge "true to style" reviewer (because really, what do I know about beer styles?), but this beer seemed like a miss for its name, and I'm assuming the brewer's intent. Still, not a bad beer. But if I brewed a wheat beer that turned out like this, I think I would've tried calling it something else!

I had this as part of a sampler at the brewery.

White Weasel Wheat from Weasel Boy Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 6 ratings.