Amstel Radler - Amstel Brouwerij B. V.

Amstel RadlerAmstel Radler

Amstel Brouwerij B. V. visit their website
Netherlands

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  2.00% ABV

Availability: Summer

(Beer added by: mfnmbvp on 04-14-2014)
Reviews by Jordy777:

Jordy777, Jun 16, 2014
3.55/5  rDev +17.5%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Presentation: It was poured from a green 12 oz bottle into a tulip glass. The label lists the abv at 2% abv.

Appearance: From the pour I got an average size white head over a pale and flat yellow liquid. Its head quickly retreats leaving nothing behind.

Smell: The aroma has nice natural character with notes of concentrated lemon juice and light wet grain.

Taste / Palate: It’s light body has notes of real citrusy lemon juice concentrate, citrus pop (soda for anyone outside of Western New York) and light grain. It has a nice balance of sweet and tart and lightly carbonated juice like feel. Notes: I’m not really a big fan of Radler beers but it’s a hot day and this one was very refreshing.

generallee, Aug 14, 2014

innominat, May 28, 2014
2.75/5  rDev -8.9%

acurtis, May 30, 2014
2.28/5  rDev -24.5%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

I am not a big shandy fan. Most of the lemon beers I have tasted have either been too sweet or too sour.
When had a tasting of this at the store today.

I was very surprised. No, I still dont like shandys', but this Amstel was crisp and clean, nothing too sweet, too sour, too anything. It just was very refreshing and tasted good.

rdilauro, Jun 29, 2014

leinie13, Apr 19, 2014
3.25/5  rDev +7.6%

Pensfan0782, Jul 13, 2014
3.45/5  rDev +14.2%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Poured from a 12 oz. can. Has a yellow/whitish color with a 1 inch head. Smell is identical to lemonade. Taste is very refreshing, lemonade, a good balance of tart and sweet. feels light in the mouth and overall, while a refreshing and enjoyable drink, probably wouldn't hit the spot when I'm wanting a beer.

tone77, Aug 12, 2014
3.75/5  rDev +24.2%

jsh420, Jul 28, 2014

AndrewBV, Yesterday at 04:18 AM
1.5/5  rDev -50.3%

JDeming, Jun 30, 2014

st9647v3, Apr 27, 2014
look: 2.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.25

A: The beer is very hazy pale light yellow in color. It poured with a half finger high white head that quickly died down, leaving bits of lacing on the surface and a collar around the edge of the glass. The head eventually completely faded away, leaving only a few bubbles scattered around the collar.
S: Faint aromas of lemonade are present in the nose.
T: Just like the smell, the taste is dominated by flavors of lemons, although any bits of tanginess seem to be canceled out by the underlying malts. The lemon juice also seemed to obscure any flavors of adjunct malts.
M: It feels light-bodied on the palate and has a moderate amount of carbonation.
O: This doesn't taste much like a beer, but more like a watered down lemonade with a slight bit of a "kick" to it from the beer, although you really can't taste any of the underlying beer. This isn't a bad thing, as you don't get any flavors of adjunct malts. Nonetheless, it is easy to drink and would are for good hydration on a hot summer day.

metter98, May 26, 2014
3.93/5  rDev +30.1%

12 oz. bottle, with a bottling code printed on the back label. A new radler creation that I recently spotted at the local beer store. I've been a fan of the radlers I tried in the past, so I'm expecting similar results here. "Double refreshing taste of beer and lemon". "Due to juice content, settling may occur".

Poured into a Blue Sky Vineyard miniature wine glass.

A - Pours a pale murky lemon soda like body. A finger or so of white foam that fizzles away quickly.

S - The smell is on par with the others - sweet juicy lemon, white sugar, and mustiness which is I guess imparted from the "beer" part of this beverage.

T - The taste is crisp refreshing lemon-lime soda paired with just a hint of the wheaty / grainy base beer.

M - Feel is crisp, clean, and refreshing. Mild stickiness / citric lemon-lime on the palate. Very refreshing and drinkable.

Overall, another delicious radler, but I'm clearly biased towards the style. An extremely slammable and refreshing low alcohol summer beverage. I see lots of this stuff in my future.

Amstel Radler ---4/5.

mfnmbvp, Apr 14, 2014
4.1/5  rDev +35.8%

I'd never seen this beer--picked up a twelve pack of cans at a Schnuck's supermarket. The list price was 17.99 and it was marked down to 7.99--for twelve cans! Turned out much better than expected. I don't usually go for fru-fru beers, but this was quite good. Nice aroma. Strange look to it--like frothy lemonade. Very pleasing taste on a hot afternoon.

Sturgeon, Aug 06, 2014
2.25/5  rDev -25.5%

ChristosGeorgiou, Jul 12, 2014
2.93/5  rDev -3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.25

Well shit I never had a beer under 3% before clocking in at around 2% it's more lemonade than beer. Put it in my mixed six pack for shits and giggles.

A - Well it looks like carbonated lemonade what surprised me the most was the head didn't fizz out too quickly. Hazy bright yellow, decent lacing, and looks like lemonade. Check.
S - Well from the bottle I got bright tart lemons in the glass more adjacent lager smells but still a rather sweet lemonade experience.
T - Well it is rather refreshing but the taste comes off muddled with the adjacent lager taste. Slight artificial lemonade flavors and residual sugars highlight.
M - Thankfully it has the body and carbonation of beer with a light to medium body.

Overall I have not had any other Amstel offerings never even seen their most popular beer their bock. I would never drink it again though I would much rather have the Samuel Adams version.

DrDemento456, May 29, 2014

kevlar2312, Aug 16, 2014
2.75/5  rDev -8.9%

Jersh67, Jun 21, 2014
3.25/5  rDev +7.6%

My local, frequent in-person trader, tone77, recently dropped this off for me in his latest batch of beer in support of The CANQuest ™. I am always anxious to see what he has for me when he stops by!

From the CAN: “Double Refreshing Taste of Beer and Lemon”; “Made with Lemon Juice and Other Natural Ingredients”; “Due to Juice [CAN]tent, Settling May Occur”.

I am not CANcerned about settling since I gently agitated the CAN before doing anything else. There was a slight malfunction with the top’s popping open, but the pen that I keep handy rectified the situation. Not much of a Crack! to report, though, as a result. An inverted Glug also helped to ensure that the juice was thoroughly mixed in with the beer. I got two fingers of fizzy, bone-white head with extremely limited retention from it. Color was a cloudy Pale-Straw (SRM = 1 – 2). Nose smelled like ReaLemon juice in those little plastic squeeze bottles shaped like lemons. We used them a good bit in HomeEc to keep freshly cut and chopped fruits and vegetables from browning, which is how I recognize the scent. Mouthfeel was thin and watery, but what do you expect in a 2% beer? Taste was kind of on the sweet side, reminiscent of Country Tyme Lemonade that we used to sell on the street corner as kids. I wonder if any of that goes on in this day and age. I have noticed a resurgence in home CANning, so maybe there is yet hope. Beyond its sweet-tartness, it was certainly refreshing. There is no question that it would be great on a hot, humid Summer’s day, but the caveat would be how much room you would want to devote to it in the cooler. Finish was semi-dry, very refreshing. I think that I like the grapefruit Radlers a little better, Sixpoint’s RAD as the exception because it was just too tart to be pleasant. This could also serve as a light hair of the dog on a Sunday morning coming down.

woodychandler, Sep 13, 2014
3.5/5  rDev +15.9%

dfillius, Jun 05, 2014
3.5/5  rDev +15.9%

cardinals22, Aug 10, 2014
Amstel Radler from Amstel Brouwerij B. V.