Sink The Bismarck! - BrewDog

Sink The Bismarck!Sink The Bismarck!

good

BrewDog visit their website
United Kingdom (Scotland)

(Beer added by: femALEist on 03-23-2010)
2.98/5  rDev -17.9%

Served in a tumbler.

Since the brew day is winding down, I'd better crack this guy open so's that we can all enjoy its bounty. It pours a lightly hazed ruby-amber topped by a half-finger at best of white-ish foam. The nose comprises grapefruit, pine, onion, and toffee. It's also very clear that this is very high in alcohol. The taste brings forth some physically heavy caramel and toffee, along with some harsh pine and a heaping helping of astringent alcohol (in the form of a Pacquiao blast to the tongue). The body is a light-ish medium, with a moderate carbonation and a very dry finish. Overall, this is pretty hard to drink, even for those who enjoy straight spirits regularly. That said, I'm glad I got to try this beast, and I feel the price, though sickeningly steep, was sorta worth the experience here with my friends.

2.93/5  rDev -19.3%

Served in a pint glass

Thanks to TMoney2591 for providing what I've been told is beer

This beer pours a viscous deep golden color. Due to the high ABV it's understandable that there is no head to this hard liquor of beers. The smell could strip the paint of a house, god damn is it strong. There's no hops no malts, just pure ethanol in the aroma. It's not horrendous, but I expected better from this beer I guess. The taste honestly isn't as bad as I had anticipated that it would be. That having been said there was some orange, and caramel notes before they got burned off of your tongue. I have the feeling that this beer would be much better like 10 or 20 years down the road, because it needs to mellow out big time. This is not really easy to drink. I only finished my allotment due to being challenged. It's ok, but one hell of a novelty.

2.73/5  rDev -24.8%

An odd beer, and a tough review. Poured from the bottle into a wine glass.

Appearance is a thick golden color. I poured several small glasses of this, and found that a couple were more clear than others. Shockingly a head materialized, but obviously dissipated rapidly with the 41% abv.

Smell - interesting. About what I expected. Tons of hops, very oily, which was only offset by the massive smack of booze to my face. Pine, earthiness and tropical presence there too.

Taste... ah. Massive booze, obviously. Even more than expected. Hops are pronounced, but there's also a medicinal quality on the back end of this. Reminds me a bit of fresh 120 Minute, but stronger, harsher. And I don't care for 120 Minute.

Mouthfeel isn't bad. It's oily and medium-full bodied, spirit-like. Carbonation is barely there, if at all.

Drinkability is real bad. Real, real bad. I only drank an ounce, maybe 1.5. I actually took the remainder and poured it back into the bottle. And this isn't me rating this out of some inability to handle strong beer/booze - I love Utopias, bourbon, and scotch. This was far, far less drinkable than any decent bourbon or scotch, and cannot even compare to Utopias (which I could drink a full glass of with no problem).

This is a novelty, a fun effort, and worth trying if you can find 11 friends to split the bottle with you.

2.45/5  rDev -32.5%

Had the chance to try this beer along with TNP at tasting party

Nice size amount was poured into my little chalice tasting glass.

Appearance is a bit hazy light orange color with no head whatsoever.

The aroma was pretty pungent of alcohol along with resinous hops. On the hops side I got a lot of pine bitterness with little bits of citrus detected. Vast array of malts also dominated with toffee and caramel.

The taste upfront was where the only tad bit of citrus you will get out of this beer. I got the slightest bit of grapefruit then came along spicy hops with pine bitterness. Following was toffee and to sum it up, it tasted A LOT like Scotch.

Mouthfeel was oily and spicy with a lot of heat going down your throat with little carbonation.

Overall I would never pay for this bottle and I'm glad I got the chance to try it for free. If you like scotch and a bit of hops, this beer will be pretty good for you.

3.9/5  rDev +7.4%

From 4.1% ABV,the Brewdog dinner finally arrives at 41%.

Beer pour a brilliant and still orange, with no head whatsoever. Intense, screaming hop nose, with layers of grapefruit and pine that strain to cover the alcohol, and just fall short of succeding. The flavour shouts scotch, and there's more liquor character to this than beer character. Strong wood, hot alcohol, spice, earth, salt and rye prove a potent force, nad there's still significant c-hop in there to keeo this somewhat beer-like. Definitely a sipper and suited to small samples. The body continues the liquor theme with its oily slickness, which seems to work well here.

A very interesting beer that's a delight to try, though probably not an experience I'd repeat again. Really, its closer to drinking liquor neat than an actual beer, but there is a certain pleasure in sampling something so extreme.

3.2/5  rDev -11.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.5

A - A small sample pours quite clear, orange coloured with no head what so ever.
S - Sweet caramel malt character with spicy & piney hops & an abundance of solvent alcohol notes.
T - Sweet, dark fruit maltiness with piney, spicy and floral hop notes. Also quite alcoholic obviously.
M - Full bodied, sticky, low carbonation and hefty chest warming alcohol.
D - Glad I tried it but something that I could live without.

3.23/5  rDev -11%

1.5oz sample shared with Nick Baird. Thanks brother! Pours an opaque orange with zero head and lacing, which isn't surprising for a beer of this weight. Smell and taste are strong, nose-burning ethanol, pink grapefruit, pine and citrus, mango, crab apple, brandy-like middle, ultra bitter hops, and a very hot, alcoholic finish. Mouthfeel is full-bodied, bold spiciness on the tongue, astringent and citric bitterness, huge boozy heat warms the insides and hangs around for quite some time. This has a decent level of complexity, but it's ultimately a booze bomb, and I can't say I'm a fan. Glad I got to try it though.

3.78/5  rDev +4.1%

A - A copper-red body with minimal carbonation. A trace of head leaves a light wispy trails at the surface. There is a something extremely interesting in this beer. Actual oils can be seen at the surface when held to a dark background.

S - Subtle pine to slightly stronger roasted aroma. Spicy hops are just on the short side of sour alcohol.

T - Pine and roast caramel are present amongst sweet toffee and grapefruit. Floral, spicy hops along with a sour backdrop make up the rest of the flavors all falling just below burning alcohol.

M - While the beginning, middle and ending are worthwhile, the finish leaves much to be desired. The burning in the finish really makes the beer difficult to swallow. That being said it does have some very fine qualities in that it is very thick and chewy. It is also one of the stickiest brews I've encountered.

~ Based on my anticipation of likely never sampling this brew again, I still wish I could but really no more than once a year. This is a a sippin' drink that you should certainly seek out. If you are able to pick one up, enjoy it with a good group of friends, just as I did.

3.75/5  rDev +3.3%

Brewdog tasting session with friends (keeps the cost down).

Poured into a snifter this brew was orange, sticky, oil covered the top of the brew when looking into it and there was nearly no carbonation to speak of. The aroma was very bright and bold with a lot of grapefruit and other citrus up front and a strong sense of floral hops as a backbone. There was a slight pine nose as well. The first taste was so smooth. There was such a minimal hint of alcohol in this brew and for 41% I found that amazing! The hop presence in this brew was fantastic. Every sip I took was impressive. The stickiness was very noticeable as well as the oily hops. This was a phenomenal brew to make and even better to try.

2.55/5  rDev -29.8%

12oz bottle, opened for Adam's birthday and split 10 ways. Happy Birthday dude, hope you have a great year ahead of you! As the provider of the bottle, me (and of course the birthday boy) got about 2oz's while everyone else got 1oz. The bottle opened with a small hiss then poured relatively still, as expected.

Looks interesting in the glass. It's a cloudy orange color that is very reminiscent of freshly squeezed grapefruit juice but with just a touch more orange. Cloudy as all get-out, perhaps the first sign that a storm's coming.

Holy shit. This has just a devastating smell. The first thing that comes to mind is nail polish remover. Bummer. But when I get past that and dig a little deeper, there's a really cool apricot and orange hoppiness underneath, I just need to push through some layers of wretched alcohol burn to get it. Once the "beer" "opens up", there's a nice syrupy hoppiness that really does pack a wonderful punch to the olfactories. The nail polish remover burn dissipates, but there's a weird saltiness that sticks around. Just an odd collection of smells, but a unique and powerful experience. I have to rate this in the middle because that's the best compromise I can make. It's awesome one second and wretched the next.

Taste is one-of-a-kind. I'd compare it to a mixture between a nice DIPA, a honey mead like Apis, the salt I use on my driveway during the wintertime, and moonshine. My tastebuds gradually become used to the weirdness and I can appreciate this as a liquor, and some hoppy, flowery, and bitter flavors I like in extreme beer do come out from time to time. Plus, at 82 proof, I don't want to ding this for the hotness. But I need to give it a number, so I must make some comparisons and compromises. Therefore, just like the nose, we need to split the difference and call this average.

Mouthfeel is syrupy and stingy. Not horrible, just not ideal. Again, we'll give this anomaly the benefit of the doubt and give it a somewhat respectable score.

However, when we get to drinkability, things must get real. At least half of the people drinking this couldn't finish an ounce. Perhaps the most undrinkable beer I've ever had.

For someone considering purchasing this or trading for it, I want to give a bit more insight since it can run over $75 a bottle when imported. I honestly can't believe there are people giving this A+ ratings. Yes, I know it's all a matter of preference, but let me explain. In the recent Beer Advocate magazine, there was an article about objectively better beer. I didn't believe that was appropriate until now. While I understand that everyone has the right to say that something struck their palate a certain way, giving this beer scores worthy of world-class ales is just wrong. It's objectively inferior to beers that are actually pleasure to drink. I'm not saying others don't have the right to an opinion, I just don't trust that they rated on the appearance, smell, taste, mouthfeel, and drinkability of the beer.

The bottom line here is that the gimmick won over the quality of the experience when drinking the product. This is just a hodge-podge of great and horrible and, while it's something I'm happy to have had the chance to sample, I would never buy again, even at $20 a bottle. I probably wouldn't even accept a free sample. Quit the bullshit, BrewDog, and get back to making drinkable beer. This is the beverage equivalent of a car with a satellite radio equipped blue-tooth nav system, heated leather seats, and no wheels.

2.2/5  rDev -39.4%

Poured into a small taster glass at The Surly Goat in West Hollywood, I got to try this on two different occasions from two different bottles...

I'm saying it now, and I think that even the brewers at Brew Dog would agree: it's a gimmick. It is punk; and for that I love it...but it doesn't make for a good tasting 'beer.' Not even a good liquor, really...and I LOVE IPAs!! The problem is, when you freeze any liquid, the ice crystals that form can break down more complex aromatics and congeners that were present after the initial fermentation. So, in the case of Sink the Bismark! you've basically engineered a very strong, but very skunked IPA.

The NOSE is - as has been said/could have been guessed - incredibly hot and full of resinous, oily hops. Not much else. The heat from the alcohol doesn't really transfer to the palate in lieu of the thick, oily, SALTY and bitter pine that sticks to the side of your tongue and completely overwhelms most of your other senses. 82 proof, stale hop-oil. I honestly felt like I was tasting the inside of a 2-week old, room temperature Randall...that was full of salt.

If people can really get so much more out of this to call it, "complex,"...good for them. I'd love to be able to taste anything (or to enjoy this) myself, but I'm pretty sure that the real magic behind it is the fact that you're trying one of the craziest things to come out of any brewery. Ever.

Brew Dog, I salute you...

...but if I want to enjoy tasting your craft, I'll stick with the Hardcore IPA.

4.72/5  rDev +30%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Here I am. After 580-some beer reviews, I'm finally jaded enough that I must resort to drinking gimmicky PR stunts instead of proper ales to get my kicks.

So be it.

I was not expecting any carbonation from this beer, so I was pleased at the modest, volatile froth that rose to the occasion when I poured this into a snifter. The body is akin to a fine cognac - thick and amber and long in the legs.

Smelling it is actually not so different from smelling any other double IPA that's been distilled to five times its strength. In other words, it's like smelling a bagful of hop cones. Resinous, dusty, citric, floral - a bundle of wildflowers, a bale of hay, a Christmas tree. This is essentially a hop liqueur. Not a bitter, but bitters. Campari fans, take note.

The flavor is fruity, complex, and very hot - but not hotter than it ought to be. This is like a brandy, a whisky - but one flavored with copious amounts of hops. For a beer known for its excess and potency, it is surprisingly balanced - neither too sweet nor too bitter, and though it is warming it is no hotter than a good scotch or rum.

As for how it actually tastes, it is a sort of mix of honey, tequila, rosewater, Irish whiskey, Akavit, Campari, spicy cress, nettles, bitter greens, and sour lemon. It's amazingly complex considering the dominant flavor can be described in one word: hops.

This is a very interesting beer, and a remarkably drinkable one, provided you know how to drink it. Some question whether this can actually be called a beer but there is simply nothing else to call it. It is beer through and through.

4.83/5  rDev +33.1%

Received this as a birthday present from my girlfriend, she ordered it online... yes, I know, she is a definite keeper... Also, this review is:

Sink the Bismark!
Wisecracka ft. Enlight

A: A beautiful, opaque golden amber. No lacing or "head" due to the whopping 41% abv. There is a "watered down" look at the top of the beer and a color gradient that increases down the glass.

S: TAKE NO (HOPPY) PRISONERS. Hops conquer this smell, but it is still complex. It is a mixture of pine hop, fruit hop, a sweet semi-honey smell, and alcohol. Honestly, the alcohol smell is prominent, but it swirls around the combined smell of hops and sweetness. To those that are pure beer people, it will burn like sweet, cleansing fire.

T: The saga begins with pine hops, pine hops, oh beautiful pine hops. Then sweeps down the exceptional tag team of fruity semisweet, an almost honey-like taste mixed with fruity hops that both enforce and warp the dominating pine hop. Then big daddy alcohol joins the party like a sex crazed hell's angel with a broad steak of ethics and morality. It does not impose, but it reminds the drinker of their good fortune; that is, drinking this damn fine beer.

M: The mouthfeel is much like a fine liquor. It doesn't expand to fill the mouth, but it's not thin. It's fills a targeted, definite space on the palate. It is excellent for what the beer attempts to do; that is, be extreeeme.

D: Now i'm at an impasse. As Enlight sagely observes, "this is like an rpg (video game): low replay value, completion is hard won and highly enjoyed". To further the metaphor: Colt 45 has the same drinkability as Sink the Bismark!; however, Colt 45 is a $100-dollar-per-play-pong, while Sink the Bismark! is Final Fantasy 7. You can't keep replaying it over and over, but there is one that will always bring that special smile time and time again. As such, I award this beer with a 4.5 drinkability because I will happily and readily enjoy this beer when fortune favors me with it.

4.3/5  rDev +18.5%

I was lucky enough to receive a bottle of this, and I wound up sharing it with my friend (and a couple of his family members) on his wedding day last week.
I poured from the bottle into small snifters. Came out a gorgeously rich golden orange. Slight touch of bubbles and a hair or two of foam on the top, but only for a few seconds.
Smells a little alcoholy, but the hop aromas do come through.
Taste is a fiery blaze of sweet hoppiness- can feel tiny bubbles on the tongue. Burns all the way down, and warms you instantly.
All in all, it's pretty impressive. It's a sipper, but a good one. If you want to put a few hairs on your chest, this is how you should do it!

1.73/5  rDev -52.3%

A big thanks to Eric for sharing this bottle.

A: The pour is surprisingly standard for an IPA. Golden copper/amber color with a fair amount of white head.

S: At first, I quite liked the nose. A lot of hops, primarily resinous and piney in nature. However, if you breathe in a good bit and get the full bouquet, you'll be able to pick out the three main components of this beer: alcohol (cheap vodka), hop extract, and sugar.

T: Though I did enjoy the nose for a moment, the flavor just completely put me off. Even with just a small sip, the alcohol just attacks your tongue. Hot, cheap vodka followed by incredible bitter, hop extract type of flavor and then some table sugar mixed in to try to mellow things out.

M: The body is quite heavy and almost syrupy. It's also hot as hell.

D: Just a few sips was more than enough of this one. I was not a fan of the Penguin, but I thought this was even worse.

3.85/5  rDev +6.1%

Beautiful mahogany color with smell that stings the nose. Lots of caramel syrupy sweetness in the aroma, similar to 120 minute. Sweet candied hops. Flavor is very sweet and honey like with floral/earthy hops. Alcohol burns long and hard but doesn't taste like 41%.

I feel this beer was made to see who could make the strongest beer in the world but by a random decision to make it a huge IPA it came out to be an incredibly flavorful and eclectic ale. Although it would really be a challenge for a regular beer drinker to finish a full bottle by themselves.

4.13/5  rDev +13.8%

A: poured a caramel brown with yellow highlights that had absolutely no head what so ever and zero lacing.

S: damn beer burnt the shit out of my nose hairs on the first whiff, there really is no way to hide that much amount of alcohol. It is also very hard to sniff out other ingredients when the beer kept hurting my nose but I did get some caramel malt and hops for sure.

T: there is a stupid amount of alcohol that punches your palate right away and does burn like your taking a shot of tequila. It is super hot and to my surprise the hops do pop out and are very tasty which also had the caramel malts.

M: medium body with very low amount of carbonation that had an overwhelming amount of alcohol and tasty hop bite finish.

D: the beer is actually very tasty but damn the alcohol hits you in all directions. I'm still glad I got to try this booze bomb at least once.

4.8/5  rDev +32.2%

Thanks Sammy for getting this one! It pours a deep copper-amber colour with little off-white head. I was a bit surprised how much head there was actually, but it certainly wasn't a lot. I get pine, citrus and floral hops. Quite sticky and boozy, yet delicious. I still get some malt back-bone to this beer. For 41% alcohol, it is hellishly drinkable! After each sip (and you have to sip this) I wanted to have another immediately.

I have no idea how to properly rate this beer because it isn't like anything else I've ever had. It was an awesome experience to try this and I hope to try another bottle some day!

4.3/5  rDev +18.5%

I was determined to say something disparaging about this beer, but it won me over. I thought the idea was silly, and would not represent beer. But the 'Bismark is a success.

Big thanks to EskimoDave and everyone else who attended. catered for, and brought drinks to a fantastic beer tasting in Victoria last night. The BrewDog special was the centrepiece of the tasting and it topped off a great evening.

My 2oz was a cloudy mid-orange/brown. It looked like an eggcup full of any other imperial IPA. The beer is "technically" carbonated. I counted 5 bubbles. The fizz registers on the tongue, but only very vaguely.

The nose is devastating. It smells like what it is, a massively distilled IPA. I suppose that under the circumstances, a badly balanced IPA would reveal its faults to the nth degree, but this smells fantastic. Rich rich bouquet of sticky hops -- almost eye burning.

It tastes like the soul of an IPA. It is resinous, sticky, very sweet, intensely aromatic, oily on the tongue, and able to fill your mouth and nose completely. It burns a little, but is not unrefined. I find comparisons to scotch completely erroneous. It is its own thing.

If you weren't into hoppy beers, or beers at all, I think this woud taste like some hideous experiment in wrongness. But as a lover of IPAs, I completely appreciated the beer, and cradled the glass long after it had departed, sniffing the last of the aroma greedily.

Great stuff. Very worthwhile, far in excess of my expectations of novelty.

2.5/5  rDev -31.1%

330 ml bottle, courtesy of Cardinal Pub & Bar, Stavanger. ABV is 41%. Sold as "spirits / hard liquor" (40 ml shots) in Norway. Deep reddish orange to amber colour, no head, nor any carbonation. Aroma of piney and catty American hops, hints of fusel alcohols and red berries. The flavour is very sweet, very bitter and loaded with alcohol. Not good.

2.6/5  rDev -28.4%

I shared a bottle of this with 4 friends and still took some home to enjoy at a later date.
Pours a cloudy deep orange/amber color with no head at all. Smells of serious pine, citrus, resinous hops and lots of alcohol. Not the good kind of alcohol mind you we are talking about solvents and rubbing alcohol. There's a sweet fruitiness in the aroma I imagine apricots covered in corn syrup. As my sample warms the fruit disappears and is replaced with hopped rubbing alcohol. The taste is unique! Strong, burning alcohol with resinous hops covered in a sugary glaze. Slightly smokey taste in the middle somewhere. There is a long lingering hop bitterness mixed with alcohol burning in the finish. I can feel this beer burn its way down my throat into my stomach. Thick chewy body with a sticky syrupy mouthfeel and light level of carbonation. I'm glad I got to try this unique "beer." Smooth it is not! Beer it is not! 41% abv it is and I can taste and smell every bit of alcohol in my glass. As is I find this kind of meh, but if this were put into some oak and allowed to mellow out some, this might make a damn fine spirit.

3.98/5  rDev +9.6%

While stronger than Tactical Nuclear Penguin, this beer is surprisingly drinkable for being so high in alcohol content. The hop-oils are so strong that they stand up to the smokiness from the barrels. Sink The Bismarck! may be categorized as "just a novelty", but I found it a rather enjoyable beverage, to be shared with friends. The appearance is a light amber with crazy long legs. It is like a slightly carbonated scotch or whiskey. The aromas are powerful and deep with hops and pepper, also hints of citrus and floral notes. Mouthfeel has heat like a whiskey from all the alcohol. More enjoyable than TNP, the hops are extreme! I appreciate the boldness of experimentation but am sad to see this beer being qualified as a spirit (for US Tax purposes) which will make sales difficult...

2.95/5  rDev -18.7%

This was interesting and I'm grateful for having the opportunity to try it, but I can't say that I particularly enjoyed the experience. I will note that, despite my expectations, Sink The Bismarck! was the clear winner over Tactical Nuclear Penguin. However, it was still just a novelty, rather than an enjoyable beverage. The beer pours a deep amber with great highlights, and it's got good legs, for what it's worth. It looks like whiskey, really. The aroma is exceedingly strong and hoppy. It's one of the strongest hop aromas that I've ever encountered, and that's kinda neat. However, it's a hop aroma that lacks all delicacy and depth. It's mostly turpentine and booze. I was quite interested by the aroma, initially, but after my shock at the strength of it wore off, it was actually a bit disappointing. It's all candied, paint thinner hops, citric with some soapy floral notes. There's a ton of spicy pepper in the aroma as well and, of course, lots of alcohol heat. I got an even bigger dose of booze on the palate, though not as bad as TNP. Mouthfeel is quite rough, like a bizarrely dirty whiskey. In some ways, though more enjoyable, this beer struck me as even more of a gimmick than TNP. The hops are indelicate in the extreme and seem to cover up the beer's faults more than they add to its quality. Plus, the beer had that unpleasant acrid flavor also present in TNP. I appreciate the effort, I appreciate the experimentation, but I don't much like the beer.

3.88/5  rDev +6.9%

Poured into a snifter from a bottle by James Watt of BrewDog. Thanks, James. Beer is carbonated but the evidence disappears quickly into an orange and hazy beer that leaves a ton of legs on the sides of the glass. I'm fascinated by this behavior of the beer. A real novelty. No head, no lacing.

This is the strongest aroma overall I have ever experienced in a beer. It is lots of hops. The strongest hop aroma I have ever experienced. Lots of alcohol, my eyes were watering. I kept smelling it out of some masochism or some other primal impulse of self abuse. Very awesome.

Beer is thin and holy hell hoppy. Its like hop infused vodka. Very forward, very aggressive. I think I may be blind. Holy crap. I've never had something like this. Last beer for sure (for the record the 15% barleywine my wife was drinking tasted like nothing after this). Just an insane beer.

Drinkability...well. I couldn't drink much of it. When I started to drink it, I coughed. Hard. Don't inhale before you take a sip. Crazy. Glad I did it.

4.6/5  rDev +26.7%

After bringing us the polarizing Tactical Nuclear Penguin, Brewdog decide to make yet another extreme ABV beer. While I liked the TNP, it is a totally different brew to this - TNP tasted like something halfway to a whisky, simply tasting nothing like a typical beer, but StB! screams "beer!! beer!!" with every sip. Think over-the-top IPA and then concentrate that into a 41% beast, and that's more or less what you get here.

In appearance it's not astounding - unsurprisingly enough, there's no real head, but some carbonation does appear for a little while, then quickly disappear. Dark orange, light brown color, quite oily in appearance.

The smell is of hops, hops, hops. Not as strong as other DIPA's, but barely any of the alcohol content could be discerned. Not a complete hop-bomb, some fruity, malty characteristics do come out but it's mainly hops you'll be able to smell.

The taste is... astounding. Extremely strong, very bitter but very well balanced at the same time - loads of fruitiness and malts, with a little kick of alcohol. The alcohol is surprisingly indiscernible through the intensity of the hops. The hop character is quite bitter, not as aromatic as a standard DIPA, and leaves a quite oily mouthfeel, with tones of citrus near the end. Great stuff.

Feels great in your mouth as well - like said before, oily and very strong, does not evaporate in your mouth like something of this strength normally does. Drinkability is obviously not high due to the 41%, but once this is taken into account it is extremely drinkable for the ABV. I could easily take this stuff as a replacement for whisky or other hard licor, if only it weren't so expensive. Overall, an absolutely astounding and brilliant beer, and something which I'm hoping to get more of soon. A must-try.

Sink The Bismarck! from BrewDog