I Hardcore You - BrewDog

I Hardcore YouI Hardcore You

BrewDog visit their website
United Kingdom (Scotland)

What do you get if you blend Hardcore IPA and I Beat You together and then add even more dry hops?

I Hardcore You of course. This is the return, for a limited time only, of a beer which proved firm favourite with hop heads.

I Hardcore You is a 9.5% Imperial India Pale Ale. After blending these two awesome beers, the beer is then dry hopped another two times.

(Beer added by: thepeter on 08-17-2010)

ejimhof, May 10, 2012

tlong421, May 06, 2012

jbcphilly, May 02, 2012

neckbracesub, Apr 27, 2012
4.1/5  rDev +1.2%

No freshness dating

A= Pours a nice deep amber color with a strangely dark tan head on it that is about a finger high and holds some steady retention with some pretty decent lacing. This head is an unusual color that's for sure.

S= I'm usually very sketchy about buying imported IPAs but this one is still nice and hoppy after it's long trip. It's a unique type of smell however. Something different that I can't quite pin down. It's almost like a bright grassy hop if that makes sense. Like a mix of EKG and cascades. There is a bit of alcohol in the nose but it's not overpowering and the malt backbone makes itself known with some malty odors.

T= Just like the smell it's like a bright grassy hop flavor. Really weird because I usually pick it up on one side of the spectrum or the other and nothing between. There is a nice punch to the hops that leaves without much lingering bitterness. The alcohol doesn't come through in the flavor but the malty sweetness does come from behind on the hop flavor.

M= A nice creamy IPA mouth on it.

O= It's odd that I find an IPA that I can describe as unique. I usually just get a hop punch to the face and sometimes I like it more than others. This I will say offers a unique drink. The combination of hops is weird. I dunno what it is and maybe it's just my mind wandering and really loving this after my final exams crushed my brain but this is weird. The head color was weird and the hop profile is new to me. I like it. I can say I'm honestly really happy I bought this after passing it over twice and pulling the trigger on the last bottle I saw. Worth trying and I would actually but it again.

jjanega08, Apr 26, 2012

Rollzroyce21, Apr 23, 2012

Hopstout, Apr 22, 2012
2.4/5  rDev -40.7%

Appearance: A very tiny amount of white head (can be typical of a beer this high in alcohol) and a rich amber orange color with little to no haze.

Smell: Nothing too powerful on the nose. Subtle hints of floral and piney hops with some lingering caramel.

Taste: Two things stand out immediately in the taste: alcohol and acidic bitterness. Coupled with that are some hints of pineyness and subtle burnt caramel. Quite disappointed in the flavor. While Mikkeller in my experience is usually not amazing, it has never been below average... until now.

Mouthfeel: Sharp carbonation (in my opinion too much) and light to medium bodied.

Can't say that I'd recommend this beer to anyone. I'm a huge fan of IPAs and Imperial IPAs and this one fell short of being even acceptable. Brewdog facilities and/or staff must have done something to this beer because I just looked back at my rating of Mikkeller's I Beat You and it got close to a 4.

TheBeerCarl, Apr 19, 2012

HarmonMW, Apr 19, 2012
2.55/5  rDev -37%

Poured from a bottle into a CCB snifter. Undated, as usual

A- pours a dark shade of orange with a half finger offwhite head that quickly fades. Typical Mikkeller IPA, looks awful

S- nice citrus aroma, hints of cat piss as well....but it has the typical "Mikkeller aroma"

T- very mild citrus hops coming through...very, very mild. Tastes quite old and faded.

M- thick and syrupy. Disgusting

O- yeah, no thanks. I have one more Mikkeller IPA, then I'll be done with them all...

bigfnjoe, Apr 17, 2012
3.38/5  rDev -16.5%

12oz bottle poured into a tulip. No bottle dating noted.

A - Pours a dark copper color with a full, frothy off-white head. Nearly over poured the glass. Delicate lacing sticks to the glass.

S - Caramel malts seem to be the most prevalent with toffee notes. Sweet and fruity. Oily, piney hops seem to be trying to come through, but the notes are light. Alcohol is present at warmer temps.

T - The taste is more fruity than the smell suggested. Grassy/earthy notes from the hops make way to only a slight bitterness. Surprisingly weak for the style. This kind or reminds me of a barleywine. Quite boozy.

M - Full bodied and very creamy, low carbonation, very reminiscent of a cask ale.

O - Overall, not a bad DIPA, but nothing spectacularly over the top either. At $6.99/bottle, there are many others I'd rather drink at less than half the price.

kevinv, Apr 16, 2012

2.53/5  rDev -37.5%

On Tap

Churchill's Pub & Grille
San Marcos, CA

Hazed dark amber and copper with a creamy, small-bubbled off-white head that eventually leaves lines of lace down the glass.

Sweet and aggressive aroma of pine, caramel, toffee, dark fruit (fig?), and alcohol.

The flavor follows the aroma, with the sweet malt and pine flavors combining, along with a bit of dark fruit character, lots of alcohol harshness, and huge levels of bitterness. This is not at all refreshing. This is a harsh, aggressive, abrasive drink.

Medium to full bodied with moderate carbonation.

Two of my least favorite brewers combine to make one of my least favorite IPAs. Shocking.

ehammond1, Apr 10, 2012
4.1/5  rDev +1.2%

Brewdog & Mikkeller corroboration.

On tap at the Fridge, notes taken when served.

Poured into a Dogfish Head Signature Snifter.

Pours a nice medium ¼”, off white head, rapidly diminishes to nothing. Easily revived with a swirl of the glass. It is a live ale.
Medium deep amber color.

The aroma first hits you with medium distinct hops, with a herbal/resiny/bitter smell, spicy with a hint of grapefruit. There is a medium distinct malt with some nuances of roasted grain and whole wheat bread. As the ale warms the malt becomes a little more distinct but not that much really.

A medium crisp entry on the palate of medium distinct hops, herbs, spice and resin follow from the smell, the hops are refined and very enjoyable. Then comes a medium, refined, off dry malt, with much of character of the smell showing again. Very drinkable, classy. Medium acidity with a full mouth feel, off dry sweetness and fine carbonation makes for a very balanced brew.

Very long finish of bitter hops and some light malt, the hop oils hang very well.

Well all this being said this was an enjoyable ale, though in truth I expected more intensity overall. It is a very balanced and very drinkable ale with lots of refined bitter hops. Rather expensive compared to its peers.
Recommended if you stumble across a bottle or tap as I did, but I would not go out of my way for this one.

JTSbeerislife, Apr 09, 2012
3.65/5  rDev -9.9%

Pours a robust copper with a very frothy head into my glass. Staring into the belly of the beast.

Citrus, pine resin and a great malt base greet the nose. Not as overwhelming as previously thought.

This errs more on the side of the piney, east coast style IPAs. It's bordering on a barleywine at this point but the bitterness is still there.

Mouthfeel is unorthodox. Suspiciously clean with pungent remnants of citrus.

It's strong and it's hoppy but save for the artwork, it's not HARDCORE!

Brad007, Apr 08, 2012

aztraz, Apr 05, 2012

Bonko_the_sane, Apr 05, 2012

gaffm, Mar 29, 2012
3.13/5  rDev -22.7%

Fresh bottles just arrived in Indianapolis the other day. This beer pours a light bodied dark copper in color with a one finger soapy, off white head. The nose is very fresh and hoppy but I get a lot of onions and garlic to pair with some slight sweet malt. Uh, Summit hops perhaps? The flavors are light and hoppy with a moderate amount of spice. The spice is a nice feature and there is some sweet caramel malt. The onion is there again but it's almost candied. It's definitely toned down, which is a good thing but it's still not preferred. It drinks light and sticky, definitely showing off residual sugars. Overall this beer is pretty average. I don't know why, but almost all of BrewDog's hoppy beers have been a miss for me.

aasher, Mar 28, 2012