Join our email list →

Beer added by: engisch on 07-06-2009

Reviews by k3ve:
3.75/5  rDev +5.3%

3.48/5  rDev -2.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

Clear, rich red brown colour. Light brown sugar and dense fruit nose, very malty. This one tastes just like it smells; heavy, very malty and very sweet. Brown sugar and malt are the only clear flavour profiles; not bad but not much else going on.

3.17/5  rDev -11%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

4.25/5  rDev +19.4%

3.59/5  rDev +0.8%

What balance?! This is typically not the style I chase after, but being in Switzerland, this was one of the few beers that I could find plenty of. Fortunately I don't despise it! The name sounded nice, so I risked trying a 1L as it would be cheaper in the long run, and I didn't expect this brew to be too offensive.

This beer had a nice brown hue. It's smell wasn't rediculous, but the head was big and frothy, yet not long lasting. I would have to say this is a nicely balanced beer that I believe anyone could enjoy. If you are stranded in Switzerland and see this brew, give it a try as it is quite tastey.

After having another Swiss beer, this one gives me hope. I look forward to trying more Swiss lagers in the near future.

3.75/5  rDev +5.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Eichhof Hubertus Dunkel from Brauerei Eichhof
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.