Ethos IPA - Tallgrass Brewing Company

Ethos IPAEthos IPA

Tallgrass Brewing Company visit their website
Kansas, United States

Beer added by: minnesotaryan on 05-01-2013

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 739 | Reviews: 98

Probably my favorite IPA out there. Love the bitterness

4.83/5  rDev +20.4%
look: 5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

So my first taste of heaven came at a sampling at a local grocery store. I made the comment to the brewer / brewery rep that it, "Tasted just like a Sierra Nevada Torpedo." That seemed to go over real well with the Tallgrass reps. My next comment is where can I get more and the brewery rep escorted me to the chill box and pointed me to the beer. Ethos is made with five different hops, which can really cost a brewery financially in that purchasing one hop that might be higher in cost then the other hop ingredients might mean the revenue generated might not exceed the cost invested. Sorry for that a historian talking economics, bad me. Here is what grabbed me, a very strong citrus smell I mean like a real ripe grapefruit, it really wrinkled the hairs in my nose, bad image, sorry again. It had a nice fizz, which formed a good head, and overall sat well on my palate. In drinking the beer, there is a nice wheat flavor at first followed by the bitterness, and then as the flavor levels off the alcohol flavor kicks in to round off the flavor. The only reason I knock this one down a bit is that I wish that the bitterness / citrus flavor hung around for a bit longer, it seemed to fade to fast, but hey I wish Christmas lasted three days. For a double IPA Tallgrass should be very proud of this beer, I pray my package store does not put a six pack of Torpedo next to a four pack of Ethos, I will be standing there debating on which one to get for a looonnng time.

4.75/5  rDev +18.5%

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ethos IPA from Tallgrass Brewing Company