Tallgrass Pub Ale - Tallgrass Brewing Company

Tallgrass Brewing Company visit their website
Kansas, United States

English Pale Mild Ale |  4.40% ABV

Beer added by: Jason on 05-20-2013

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 104 | Reviews: 15

4.53/5  rDev +26.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Poured into a shaker pint glass.

Look: A deep ruby-brown body under a foamy mocha colored head. Light foamy lacing appears in little worm-like shapes on the glass.

Aroma: Faint chocolate and lots of toasted grains, toasted bread, and malts.

Taste: Much like the aroma, a chocolatey malt-driven experience occurs and is exclamated with toasted malts and grains. Very clean and smooth.

Mouthfeel: Light to medium, creamy, smooth.

Overall: Probably one of my favorite Tallgrass beers. So tasty and drinkable.

4.52/5  rDev +25.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Maybe personal preference, but I really like this if I'm going to drink 4 or more beers at a time. It takes the place of a miller lite

4.5/5  rDev +25.3%

4.5/5  rDev +25.3%

4.26/5  rDev +18.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

I am actually not certain from where this CAN came. I think that tone77 dropped it off in his latest batch for me, but it seems odd that he did not review it himself. I would be highly flattered to think that he only got one CAN and passed it on to me. The CANQuest (TM) forges ahead!

From the CAN: "The original Pub Ale from Tallgrass"; "Original 2007 Formula"; "Just ask for a Tallgrass!"; "A fine Brown Ale with mild and rich flavors to win friends and influence enemies."

The Crack and inverted Glug went smoothly, right up until it started creating a massive head above a pseudo-cascading action and I was forced to back off. Color was a deep-copper with NE-quality clarity (SRM = ~ 34). Settling, I had two fingers of dense, foamy, light-tan head, like the top of a mocha shake. Nose was syrupy sweet and slightly buttery. I felt as though I were sitting down to pancakes. Mouthfeel was medium and the taste was, well, mild. Not too sweet, not at all bitter, and with just enough diacetyl that even I could discern it (and usually, I CANnot). Given the style's descriptor(s) on this site, I would say that they nailed it. Finish was semi-sweet, not over the top in terms of its sweetness in any way. This, combined with its relatively low ABV, made for a nice nightcap. I am going to retire for the day after I finish. I guess that if you are looking for a sessionable beer, you could do way worse than some of these.

3.99/5  rDev +11.1%

I like this beer! Poured a bit cold out of the can, but with a large, fluffy, frothy, foamy, light tan head that soon settles to a light cover and some lace. Color is a clear mahogany with some bubble trails. Aroma is a fresh malt, molasses, grain, hop. Flavor's like nose and light with a touch of bitter at the end. Body is odd as it's good on one hand, yet a bit thin too. Carbonation is good. Finish is like flavor, has bitter going to sweet, and has some length. Pretty good drinking stuff all in all.

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Tallgrass Pub Ale from Tallgrass Brewing Company