B.I.P.A - Blue Mountain Brewery

Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

5/5  rDev n/a

4.26/5  rDev n/a
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

Served in a twelve ounce glass. From notes. Reviewed 18 January 2012.

A: Light, very white head. A dark black beer that is translucent. Great lacing.

S: Lots of tasty, piney hops. Toasty-dry malt.

T: Delicious! The IPA elements (grapefruity hops) lead, followed by a bitter dark chocolate endtaste. Bittersweet and leathery.

M: Full, substantial, and decent.

O: I really enjoyed this tasty, drinkable, hoppy black ale. Recommended. Would have again. (454 characters)

3.66/5  rDev n/a

I had this on tap at the Whole Foods in Fairfax.

A: After the black pour, I held it up to the light and noticed a bit of ruby bleeding through around the edges. A nice, foamy, off-white head sat on top.

S: This was very faint and understated, but I did manage to get a subtle hint of dark malt and pineapple poking through.

T: This was very light in terms of both hop and malt. That's definitely the operative word here: LIGHT! A tinge of citrus, touched with a hint of bleached-out licorice, and ...a beer was born!

M: This was very smooth and creamy and Blue Mountain deserves Kudos for that. I got a tinge of bitterness, but once again, nothing about this was bold or overly assertive.

O: I enjoyed this one, but if I were to ring this up on a talking register, it would say, "House dark IPA.... one dollar even..." (834 characters)

B.I.P.A from Blue Mountain Brewery
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.