Two Tickets To Pearadise - Hopworks Urban Brewery

Awaiting 10 Reviews

pDev: n/a
Hopworks Urban Brewery visit their website
Oregon, United States

Belgian Pale Ale |  ABV ?

Beer added by: flagmantho on 07-29-2013

3.58/5  rDev n/a

I had this beer on-tap in my OBF pint glass at Oregon Brewers Festival. This is billed as an "Organic Belgian Pear Ale".

Appearance: haze-free golden hue with a light effervescence and a surprisingly tenacious white foam head.

Smell: bready with a little bit of pear, although not as much as I'd like or thought there would be.

Taste: a lot more tartness and earthiness than the aroma. Definitely fermented pear juice in here; it's got a fair amount of zing and earthiness in there. Good, but not wonderful.

Mouthfeel: medium body with a good carbonation and a tenacious creaminess that I like.

Overall: it just doesn't work for me. I appreciate what they are trying to do with the recipe, and it could be a good idea, but the result just doesn't float my boat. (777 characters)

Two Tickets To Pearadise from Hopworks Urban Brewery
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.