Old Gal Pale Ale - Bethlehem Brew Works

No picture uploaded.

Bethlehem Brew Works visit their website
Pennsylvania, United States

American Pale Ale (APA) |  4.70% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 07-04-2002)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters
tgbljb

3.63/5  rDev +3.7%

part of sampler tray at the brewpub.
Presented as a light copper color with slight white head.Smell is very faint of hops and little else. Taste is mild with a liitle hop texture and a lack of hops. Finish is bit malty. An OK brew, but a little mild for me.

07-12-2005 01:10:08 | More by tgbljb
ggroller

4.2/5  rDev +20%

I brought food and a growler home from the Brew Works last night to celebrate my wife's new promotion. Our new baby girl is too little to take out to the restauarant so we did the next best thing.

The Beer.

I always enjoy bringing beer home from the Brew Works. It gives the beer a chance to form a head in a glass where commercial grade detergents haven't done their deed.

The beer is a fairly translucent copper in color with a nice finger's head. The head is tightly wound with tiny bubbles of carbonation.

Smells malty sweet and slightly grassy in the nose. Tastes caramely sweet with faint grassy hops in the background. The malt wins out on this one. Probabaly not true to a Pale Ale style but I'm loving it nonetheless.

Slightly chewy in the mouth with a nice biscuity finish.

A very good beer. I had no trouble downing the growler in pretty short order.

Serving type: growler

06-26-2005 11:13:37 | More by ggroller
ark57

2.93/5  rDev -16.3%

This beer is medium bodied and has a caramel sweetness. It is not too bitter for a pale ale. It also says they use cascade hops, but I get little to no citrus character. The lack of cirtus could have been made up for if it was more bitter. I had hopes for this one, but came away disappointed.

02-21-2004 23:24:45 | More by ark57
goindownsouth

3.23/5  rDev -7.7%

All in all, I was not overly impressed with this one. There is just a faint note of hops in the nose. The floral nose was apparent, offering some spice and sweetness, but it seemed somehow restrained. You can taste the pale ale flavor, but it is just not as intense as I would have liked. It is not bad, and I would try it again to see if I was a little off, but the ESB on the menu is far superior in the way of an everyday brew. Prost!

07-04-2002 06:21:53 | More by goindownsouth
Old Gal Pale Ale from Bethlehem Brew Works
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.