Hop Whoopin - O'so Brewing Company & Tap House

Hop WhoopinHop Whoopin

O'so Brewing Company & Tap House visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-19-2010

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 213 | Reviews: 50

4.54/5  rDev +15.5%

I am dismayed I am worried about the hopheads at the advocate: brothers, I drunk Pliny and I indulged in the Slam and the Trouble and the Mama and Furious and every thing and every drink that the Floyds have to offer and then more and so on and so on.

I should, in fact, join the AH, for it is not the "A," but the "H" that I can't shake.

There is NOTHING like the fresh Whoopin, nothing.

I felt offended when I opened my very first 1st bottle,indeed; to be precise my unbearably sensitive olfaction seemed assaulted for no reason. I put the bottle aside, I can tell you when and where exactly I did so.

Then, 3 days later I returned to another one, I did. I tasted her on a sandy beach and tasted heaven, I tasted again the 1st time I put my tongue you know where. I don't mean to be be flippant or stupid or provocative - no, it was a Proust moment, I tasted my first fair and ever so loving beaver again; so happy to just know that I can remember.

It ain't onion idiots, it is youth and beauty and hymen and dreams of what was and could be...

Taste it again, smell it again.

3.97/5  rDev +1%

a cloudy orange/amber pour with a finger of head and bits of sediment floating around. smells of pine, grapefruit, caramel. a sweet honet-like flavor up front with lots of sweet citrus hop flavor. some hints of grass and a very bitter grapefruit finish.

medium body with a good amount of carbonation, creamy on the lips. overall a solid ipa, but doesn't even compare to lupulin maximus!

2.75/5  rDev -30%

3.88/5  rDev -1.3%

Poured from a 12 oz bottle into a Half Acre tulip?

A- pours a light golden with a 2 finger white head. Some blotches and amoeba lacing remains.

S- light caramel, big bitter grapefruit and citrus and pine.

T- sweet pale malts, citrus, big bitter grapefruit and orange going on here with some pine bitterness at the finish.

M- medium body and carbonation. Light feel with slight slickness.

O- nice ipa. Definitely citrus and hop bitterness forward but has just enough malt balance.

3.25/5  rDev -17.3%

4.5/5  rDev +14.5%

4.32/5  rDev +9.9%

Bottled 19 March 2012. Not too bad, though I wish I'd gotten to it a bit sooner.

Pours a pale golden yellow, quite clear, with 1.5 fingers of dense, spongy, very white head. Excellent retention, and loads of lacing. Only the faintest hint of visible carbonation.

This smells freaking delicious. Hops galore, with loads of citrus (oranges, yum), tropical fruits, and a touch of pine. Smells like one of those crazy orange-pineapple-whatever juice mixes. Wow.

Taste comes through almost as well, though, as expected, the aromatic hops aren't quite as prominent. Malts are faint and only in the background. Bitterness is about where I'd like it, which is probably below where most people would like it, but there's enough that you won't forget you're drinking an IPA. The onion flavor definitely comes on in the latter part of that bitterness. Finish is sometimes lastingly bitter, sometimes quick and evaporative. Tasty stuff.

Mouthfeel is fine, a little light on the carbonation, but not bad. Body seems kinda light for an ale this strong.

As with many IPAs, the smell here is what does it for me. Such fantastic hop aromatics, with all kinds of fruits dancing their way up my nose. Taste isn't as impressive, but holds up just fine. One of my new favorite local IPAs.

4.5/5  rDev +14.5%

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Hop Whoopin from O'so Brewing Company & Tap House