Thrust - Red Eye Brewing Company

to view more.
Ratings: 25 | Reviews: 9
Reviews by nsmartell:
3.07/5  rDev -17%

I enjoyed this beer from the comfort of my own living room. From a growler to a standard pint glass. I picked this up at Cellar 70 about 4 weeks ago while in Wausau for the day.

Appearance: Pours a straw golden/yellow color with a fluffy, bubbling white head that disappeared rather quickly.

Smell: Grassy, citrus hops.

Taste: Just as the smell suggests, grassy, citrus hops and bitter. No real balance though but a little bit of caramel hops thrown in.

Mouthfeel: Dry and light-bodied.

Drinkability: Not the most well balanced IPA I've ever had. However, I would try this again because I probably let the growler sit for too long.

3.29/5  rDev -11.1%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

A decent IPA, drinkable, but no fireworks here.

4.14/5  rDev +11.9%

Dark gold and an extremely cloudy appearance. There is a light foam head and it sticks on the glass. There are some bubbles on the surface. The nose is strong with floral hops in a pleasant way. I wish I could identify the particular hops, as I haven't encountered it much. I hope to get better at this as I brew more. The flavor has a nice character of floral hops, and I say floral because there is a true "flowery" presence it seems. The beer is hoppy all the way through. Hops finish and aftertaste. The best descriptor I can give this beer is "floral hops." I like the beer quite a bit.

4.07/5  rDev +10%

Poured from a Growler into a standard pint glass

A- This beer pours a nice hazy golden color with about one fingers worth of head that is quick to recede but leaves nice lacing on the glass.
S- The smell of this beer is great, once you get close this is all you smell. Hop, hops, hops, what more can I say. Also a little bit of a floral citrus smell.
T- Like the smell, the taste is predominantly hops with a hint of citrus and a little sweetness and the tale end.
M- This is a thin to medium bodied brew that I wouldn't have minded being just a tad bit thicker.
D- I can definitely put more than a few of these back. Overall a solid beer from a nice little pizza pub.

3.58/5  rDev -3.2%

peachy and slightly hazy, a touch light for a largish ipa. the aroma is mostly citrus with some floral overtones, a bit one-dimensional. however, it is a fairly assertive nose, which is a good thin. the straightforward character continues through to the flavor. there is a significant underlyng sweetness the needs every bit of the hop juice to keep it from becoming cloying. the body is medium and soft aroud the edges. carbonation is adequate and creamy. a pretty typical ipa, but it plays its one or two notes well enough.

3.3/5  rDev -10.8%

Sampled on tap at the brewpub in a standard pint glass.

The appearance is golden and hazy with a small white head. The aroma is fruity with a touch of floral hops. That flavor is fruity with toasted malt and a mild bitterness. Not too much to it. The consistency and carbonation were moderate and appropriate for an IPA.

This beer is easy to drink and pleasant enough but there's not enough to it.

3.65/5  rDev -1.4%

On tap at the brewpub in Wausau, Wisconsin.

A: yellowish color, clear, with creamy head
S: good malt backbone with hop bitterness finish, medium nose
T: nice malt taste with strong hop bitterness, well-balanced IPA
M: decent enough
O: good for an IPA

4.12/5  rDev +11.4%

I was quite impressed with this on tap at the brew pub and have had a couple growlers as well and I remain impressed.

In some regards this reminds me a little of Odell IPA which I rate as one of the best in the U.S. This isn't that good but it has some of those characteristics. Bright, juicy fruits (peaches, oranges, grapefruit) and a sweet sugar cookie like malt backing.

I find it very flavorful, aromatic, and pretty balanced. A quality IPA.

3.33/5  rDev -10%

On tap at the brewery. Just an average IPA. What you typically get at a local taphouse. More malty and bitter than fruity and hoppy.

to view more.