Microbrew Invitational

Added by BlackHaddock on 01-24-2009

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 4
Reviews by IPA4LIFE:

2.5/5  rDev -11.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Brown 500ml bottle containing an English Wheat Beer, a rare beast indeed.

Drank 7 days before its BB Date, I think I should have opened it when it was younger because it disappointed me. It also may be that this isn't a true Kristal and I should have rolled the bottle before opening, to allow everything in the bottle to come out.

Poured into a Franzinkaner Weissbier glass it looked the part. Crystal clear (there was some sediment in the bottom of the bottle though) and Golden Yellow in colour. A thin white head soon became just a wisp and collar, even though bubbles were rising up through the beer, just like a normal German wheat beer.

I love the vanilla and banana esters given off by most Weissbiers, this didn't have those qualities. The only aroma I found was of cereal and grains, even those were weak.

Refreshing enough, but it lacked a true bite and any character worth mentioning.

I had high hopes for this beer, sadly it was thin impersonation and lacked body. As I said at the begining, maybe it is better younger or with the sediment in the glass.

4.5/5  rDev +59%

Blonde Ash from Grain Brewery
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.