Theodore Belgian Tripel - Right Brain Brewery

Beer added by: TCHopCraver on 03-24-2010

Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

2.8/5  rDev n/a

Had this probably about a month ago at the brewery. Reviewed from notes. From the Right Brain Brewery website: "Named for a Trappist monk who furthered brewing science. Indian coriander and orange peel make this smooth fruity beer worthy of further study."

A: Transparent gold, with no head of which to speak. Carbonation bubbles were sparse and pretty dull.

S: My first whiff brought a huge impression of coriander, which wasn't the first thing I was looking for from a tripel. There were some peach and pear flavors hiding behind the spiciness, though. A decent amount of booze was also present. I got a lot of spice and earthy scents. As it warmed a bit, yeast and fruit notes came through a bit more.

T: Pretty much spice and booze were the dominant players on the palate. I got a little of the fruit flavors that I smelled, but there isn't much of a balanced complexity to this brew. It lacked some of the yeasty heartiness that I was hoping for from this style.

M: Thin and without much carbonation. It really didn't make my mouth all that happy.

D: It certainly was not offensive, but the coriander adjunct and the evident booze in the taste discouraged me from having another. My main issue with this beer was that it was not really true to style.

Theodore Belgian Tripel from Right Brain Brewery
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.