Citral Wheat - Right Brain Brewery

American Pale Wheat Ale |  4.30% ABV

Availability: Summer

Beer added by: hosehead83 on 07-04-2011

2.92/5  rDev -18.2%

I had this in my sampler at the brewpub.

Appearance: Pours a cloudy golden/amber color with a layer of fluffy off white head. There is some decent lacing left behind after each sip.

Smell: Crisp. I'm picking up the wheat right off the bat. I found the overall aroma a bit odd and off putting but couldn't quite put my finger on the problem. It smelled a bit creamy to me.

Taste: Better than the smell. Bready malt and the creamyness is still there. The finish has a pleasant bitterness to it.

Mouthfeel: A bit on the thin side, tingly carbonation with a dry finish.

Overall: I thought this one was a bit boring but not bad. I'm not picking up the citrus notes as promised.

Served on 6-22-11- From tap into Right Brain Brewery pint glass.
Faint honey/gold in color, with a moderate head of off-white foam.
Aroma-Subtle wheat and citrus notes
Taste-Soft, fresh wheat, subtle orange peel and lemon zest, faint hop note. Overall very refreshing and easy-to-drink. Medium to light bodied with a relatively low (4.3)ABV makes this a nice summer session brew, say after a long day at the beach.

Citral Wheat from Right Brain Brewery
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.