3-Some Porter - Right Brain Brewery

3-Some Porter
No picture uploaded.

Right Brain Brewery visit their website

American Porter |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: brew3crew on 07-30-2011)
2.9/5  rDev -20.1%

Thanks Jason for the tasting, although I wish I hadnt haha.

A nice big growler was opened, poured a deep black/brown with very little carbonation, probably from the screwtop growler.

This beer felt to the floor for me when I put it to my nose. I have four dogs and immediately upon smelling this, it reminded me of their puppy days... Not a good thing. I fought to agree with the others that there were coffee notes in the nose of this beer. I almost did not taste it after smelling it.

Luckily the taste was not on par with the smell (not that I have every tasted the poo) but I got some vanilla and coffee notes as well as some deep roasted malts, almost like a char more than a roast though.

Light bodied with little carbonation to speak of.

I am being generous with a 3 as my overall. Not my cup of tea at all what-so-ever. I am hoping this was a bad batch and I have a chance to try a different one in the future with a different outcome.

phiberoptik, Jul 31, 2011
3.55/5  rDev -2.2%

From notes, 7-30-2011
Thanks Brew3Crew

A - black body, with brownish edges, minimal white head. Pretty dark for a porter

S - Lots of coffee, some earthy notes, a touch of smoked meats, and as it warms something that could only be described as "butt"

T - dry and bitter coffee, somewhat dull and watery

M - thin, somewhat dry

O - there are some good things about this beer, some not so good things. The threesome (vanilla, cinnamon, and something else) are dominated by coffee.

ColdPoncho, Jul 31, 2011
4.45/5  rDev +22.6%

A-dark body with a tan head that sticks around for awhile

S-roast notes and a slight bit of chocolate. Very inviting

T-coffee and a little bit of chocolate. I also get a little bit of vanills but not really cinnamon ...

M-so smooth. I want more!

O-very nice beer. I wish it was more avalible

brew3crew, Jul 30, 2011
3-Some Porter from Right Brain Brewery
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.