India Pale Ale - Nebraska Brewing Company

India Pale AleIndia Pale Ale

Nebraska Brewing Company visit their website
Nebraska, United States

Our India Pale Ale has a pronounced hop bitterness and wonderful hop aroma. The taste immediately gives away the high hop characteristics with malt aspects playing second fiddle to this fantastic example of the style.

(Beer added by: beerhobo22 on 07-03-2009)

virinow, Today at 12:28 AM
3.86/5  rDev +1.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Poured into a Chuckanut pint glass. Pours a medium coppery amber with a thin white head that dissipates to patches and light lacing. Aroma of caramel malt, mild citrus and mild grassy hops. Flavor is caramel malt, light citrus and fresh mown prairie grass and hay, light lemon. Finishes with a somewhat earthy and herbal hop bitterness that is much more intense than expected from the mild start. Medium bodied. I was a little underwhelmed by my first taste of this, but there is something about the hop bill here and its balance with the malt body that is very appealing. The finish is more than satisfactorily bitter and flavorful. Very nice balance and ultimately great taste. I will try this again, which is not something I say about a lot of non-west coast IPAs these days.

LiquidAmber, Yesterday at 03:44 AM

deonreds, Sep 12, 2014
3.65/5  rDev -4.2%

Budinetz, Sep 12, 2014
4.15/5  rDev +8.9%

This IPA is quite similar to others I've had, namely Finest Kind, maybe Hop Devil, and others so immediately it's pretty good.
It's got a nice popping citrus nose leading to an opening of lemon and tangerine, followed by a pronounced caramel malt backbone.
Pine bitterness is mild to average, while drinkability is moderate to high. This one doesn't do anything I haven't sampled before, but
does lean towards a West Coast IPA that can be knocked back at will...

beerdedking, Sep 08, 2014
2.5/5  rDev -34.4%

sharpski, Sep 05, 2014

CCutch, Sep 05, 2014
3.51/5  rDev -7.9%

Pours a clear dark orange-brown with a foamy beige head that settles to a partial film on top of the beer. Thin rings of lace line the glass on the drink down. Smell is of malt, earth, citrus fruit, and citrus zest aromas. Taste is much the same with earth, citrus zest, and grapefruit juice flavors on the finish. There is a mild amount of hop bitterness on the palate with each sip. This beer has a lower level of carbonation with a slightly crisp and medium bodied mouthfeel. Overall, this is a pretty good beer with a nice balance of earth and citrus forward hop characteristics.

Serving type: can.

UCLABrewN84, Sep 05, 2014
3.5/5  rDev -8.1%

Whiskeydeez, Sep 02, 2014

Norseman, Sep 02, 2014

waddellc2, Sep 01, 2014

I know that I picked these CANs up in Philly to further The CANQuest ™, but I CANnot remember whether they came from Pinocchio's or The Foodery (Northern Liberties). Either way, they are nice CANs!

From the CAN: "World Class in Every Glass"; "Our West Coast inspired India Pale Ale is rich in flavor and abundant in citrus-like, piney, and resiny aromatics created through a wonderful infusion of Citra hops. Completely refreshing with assertive, bordering on aggression, crisp bitterness. Beautifully Nebraskan."; "CANs: Infinitely Recyclable (SM)".

I swear that I heard an elephant trumpet in the distance when I Crack!ed this brimful CAN open! If it is charging, then I need to have an inverted Glug going before it gets here. My tour guide, Raj, is exhorting me, "Sahib, sahib!" as though I CAN make this happen any faster. The two fingers of rocky, mountainous, light-tan head that formed following the pseudo-cascade have inspired me! We must head for the Himalayas and Kangchenjunga to escape this beast. Raj is initially reluctant, but when he sees the enormity of this animal, he CANcedes to my way of thinking. Sticky lacing has begun to form on the peaks of the glass as we begin our ascent. The air is clean and my nose tickles with the redolent smell of pine resin, but it is not enough to throw the pachyderm punk off of our scent. It just keeps coming like a runaway steamroller! Its color was odd, matching the beer as Amber to Deep Amber (SRM = > 9, < 13). My clarity was like the beer's: NE-quality-plus. I could see our future and it was not a pretty sight if the elephant was to catch up with us. Raj passes me the communal glass and I take a hearty draught from it to soothe my jangled nerves. Phew! I get a blast of grapefruit citrusiness and piney resinousness on my tongue, which is literally breathtaking. CANbined with the view, the altitude, my adult-onset asthma, the exertion and the intensity of the hops, I CANnot breathe! Raj notes my difficulty and we take a different tack, heading back down the mountain and away from the plodding pachyderm that has been dogging our heels. Raj assures me that it is slow to stop and slower to turn, so we have a chance, but we must pray that it does not overtake us on the descent since its momentum will enable it to easily catch us. I take another deep draught to calm my nerves, noting its medium mouthfeel this time, along with the cool mintiness from the hops. The finish was as dry as the altitudinal air that surrounded us. As we approached the base, Raj spotted a grove of trees and we took cover behind the largest one. Reaching into my backpack, he pulled out the bag of salted peanuts that I had along to eat as a snack with the beer and threw them out in front of the tree. The elephant, smelling the legumes, came charging for them and in its haste and blind fury, ran smack into the tree, knocking itself unconscious. Raj and I scuttled away, afraid that the tree might fall from the impact, but it held, and we returned to the village for more beer and salty snacks.

woodychandler, Aug 29, 2014