India Pale Ale - Nebraska Brewing Company

India Pale AleIndia Pale Ale

Nebraska Brewing Company visit their website
Nebraska, United States

Our India Pale Ale has a pronounced hop bitterness and wonderful hop aroma. The taste immediately gives away the high hop characteristics with malt aspects playing second fiddle to this fantastic example of the style.

(Beer added by: beerhobo22 on 07-03-2009)
3.51/5  rDev -7.4%

Pours a clear dark orange-brown with a foamy beige head that settles to a partial film on top of the beer. Thin rings of lace line the glass on the drink down. Smell is of malt, earth, citrus fruit, and citrus zest aromas. Taste is much the same with earth, citrus zest, and grapefruit juice flavors on the finish. There is a mild amount of hop bitterness on the palate with each sip. This beer has a lower level of carbonation with a slightly crisp and medium bodied mouthfeel. Overall, this is a pretty good beer with a nice balance of earth and citrus forward hop characteristics.

Serving type: can.

UCLABrewN84, Sep 05, 2014

zestar, Sep 17, 2014
3.81/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

A: The beer is clear light amber in color and has a light amount of visible carbonation. It poured with a quarter finger high off white head that died down, leaving lacing on the surface, a collar around the edge, and some lacing down the sides of the glass.
S: Moderate aromas of citrusy hops are present in the nose along with notes of pine resin hops.
T: Like the smell, the taste starts off with flavors of citrusy hops and finishes with piney hops. The hops contribute a moderate to strong amount of bitterness. Slight hints of caramel malts are perceptible.
M: It feels medium-bodied and crisp on the palate with a moderate amount of carbonation.
O: This is a very hop-forward IPA that delivers a lot of bitterness on the taste and bite on the mouthfeel. I liked how it had a blend of citrusy and piney hops.

metter98, Jun 11, 2014

3.69/5  rDev -2.6%

Knapp85, Sunday at 11:05 PM

zeff80, Jul 27, 2014
3.73/5  rDev -1.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

a really solid ipa from nebraska brewing here, but all of their stuff has been good, so no surprise at all. an orangey colored version of the style, with a little less than an inch of thick white head. it has a real fruit punchy bouquet to the hops, not so much tropical as citrusy and orchard type fruits, and just enough bitterness. the malt base is middle of the road, a little medium crystal in here for color and smoothness, but mostly pale type malt in here. lots of late kettle hops are responsible for the aromatic explosion of this beer, super hoppy, less conventional varietals, which i like a lot. they have gotten a lot out of the hops here, and although there isnt much bitterness, the beer comes through balanced and robust. maybe colder fermentation has helped make this as smooth and dry as it is, without any real yeast character to the flavor at all. overall quite a good ipa, not as adventurous as the bottled series they have done, but very sturdy beer here.

StonedTrippin, Aug 08, 2014

nickfl, Apr 10, 2014
3.9/5  rDev +2.9%

On-tap 10/8/2010 at Track 84 in Warwick, RI, served in a US tumbler pint glass.

A: The beer is a medium brown color, with a short off-white head that fades slowly and leaves a thick lace on the glass.

S: The aroma is faint but contains caramelized malts, floral hops and some citrus.

T: The taste starts out with sweet flavors of caramel and citrus. Then a decent hops bitterness comes in along with a hearty malt character and creates a good balance. The hops presence isn't quite as strong as most IPA's. The after-taste is slightly sweet.

M: Smooth and crisp, medium body, medium carbonation, finish is slightly sticky.

D: Tasty, goes down easily, not too filling, decent kick, good representation of style despite being a little darker and less hoppy that most beers in the style, this is a good beer to drink for a while if you want a milder IPA.

TheManiacalOne, Oct 12, 2010

Kegatron, May 05, 2014
3.99/5  rDev +5.3%

Nice design on the can.

Pours a crystal clear amber with an off-white head. Nose is pine and resin. Flavor is nice. Full and consistent. Spiced edges from hops. Pine and resin here too. I like this one. Firm, but not obnoxiously so. I could go for more than one of these.

RblWthACoz, May 12, 2014
3.73/5  rDev -1.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Pours amber with 3 fingers of cream colored head. Nice head retention & lacing

S: Lemon zest, leafy & piney hops

T: Grapefruit, a little pineyness, plus dryness up front. Aspirin, a little caramel & doughyness as this warms along with grapefruit pith. Finished grapefruitty, dry, with a little lemon as well

MF: Medium bodied, slight carbonation, decent balance

A respectable IPA, glad I got to try it

russpowell, Jun 07, 2014

mendvicdog, Sep 17, 2014

DrunkinYogi, Jul 01, 2014

XmnwildX12, May 09, 2014

oriolesfan4, Jul 15, 2014

InspectorBob, Apr 28, 2014

I know that I picked these CANs up in Philly to further The CANQuest ™, but I CANnot remember whether they came from Pinocchio's or The Foodery (Northern Liberties). Either way, they are nice CANs!

From the CAN: "World Class in Every Glass"; "Our West Coast inspired India Pale Ale is rich in flavor and abundant in citrus-like, piney, and resiny aromatics created through a wonderful infusion of Citra hops. Completely refreshing with assertive, bordering on aggression, crisp bitterness. Beautifully Nebraskan."; "CANs: Infinitely Recyclable (SM)".

I swear that I heard an elephant trumpet in the distance when I Crack!ed this brimful CAN open! If it is charging, then I need to have an inverted Glug going before it gets here. My tour guide, Raj, is exhorting me, "Sahib, sahib!" as though I CAN make this happen any faster. The two fingers of rocky, mountainous, light-tan head that formed following the pseudo-cascade have inspired me! We must head for the Himalayas and Kangchenjunga to escape this beast. Raj is initially reluctant, but when he sees the enormity of this animal, he CANcedes to my way of thinking. Sticky lacing has begun to form on the peaks of the glass as we begin our ascent. The air is clean and my nose tickles with the redolent smell of pine resin, but it is not enough to throw the pachyderm punk off of our scent. It just keeps coming like a runaway steamroller! Its color was odd, matching the beer as Amber to Deep Amber (SRM = > 9, < 13). My clarity was like the beer's: NE-quality-plus. I could see our future and it was not a pretty sight if the elephant was to catch up with us. Raj passes me the communal glass and I take a hearty draught from it to soothe my jangled nerves. Phew! I get a blast of grapefruit citrusiness and piney resinousness on my tongue, which is literally breathtaking. CANbined with the view, the altitude, my adult-onset asthma, the exertion and the intensity of the hops, I CANnot breathe! Raj notes my difficulty and we take a different tack, heading back down the mountain and away from the plodding pachyderm that has been dogging our heels. Raj assures me that it is slow to stop and slower to turn, so we have a chance, but we must pray that it does not overtake us on the descent since its momentum will enable it to easily catch us. I take another deep draught to calm my nerves, noting its medium mouthfeel this time, along with the cool mintiness from the hops. The finish was as dry as the altitudinal air that surrounded us. As we approached the base, Raj spotted a grove of trees and we took cover behind the largest one. Reaching into my backpack, he pulled out the bag of salted peanuts that I had along to eat as a snack with the beer and threw them out in front of the tree. The elephant, smelling the legumes, came charging for them and in its haste and blind fury, ran smack into the tree, knocking itself unconscious. Raj and I scuttled away, afraid that the tree might fall from the impact, but it held, and we returned to the village for more beer and salty snacks.

woodychandler, Aug 29, 2014

wrightst, Aug 07, 2014
3.96/5  rDev +4.5%

A: Pours a crystal clear medium copper in color with light amounts of active visible carbonation rising from the bottom of the glass and some light golden yellow + amber highlights. The beer has a two finger tall foamy light beige head that slowly reduces to a thick film covering the entire surface of the beer and a thick ring at the edges of the glass. Moderate to significant amounts of lacing are observed.

S: Moderate aromas of citrus/orange and tropical/mango hops along with lighter aromas of pine hops. There is a very light aroma of biscuit malts.

T: Upfront there are light to moderate flavors of biscuit and slightly sweet grainy malts. That is followed by moderate flavors of citrus/orange, tropical/mango, and tropical/peach hops along with a touch of pine hops. Light to moderate amounts of lingering bitterness.

M: Medium bodied with moderate amounts of carbonation. Slightly chewy. Notes of dryness in the finish.

O: Very enjoyable and easy to drink as well as being one of the few affordable Nebraska brews to make it out this way. Really nice combination of aromas and flavors to the hop profile of this beer. Definitely would recommend grabbing this one if you see it.

dbrauneis, May 11, 2014
3.53/5  rDev -6.9%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

On tap at the Birdsall House in Peekskill, NY. Poured nearly clear, glowing almond amber, with bubbles rising and supporting a lighter khaki head, leaving scattered bits of fine lace on the glass. moderate hopped nose, resiny in nature. The moderate nature of the hop approach continues onto the tongue and mouth, resiny/grainy, but not much more then moderate in their presence. Middle of the road IPA, nothing special...Unlikely I'd go for this one again

Billolick, Jul 06, 2010