HopAnomaly - Reserve Series Aged In French Oak Chardonnay Barrels - Nebraska Brewing Company

HopAnomaly - Reserve Series Aged In French Oak Chardonnay BarrelsHopAnomaly - Reserve Series Aged In French Oak Chardonnay Barrels

Nebraska Brewing Company visit their website
Nebraska, United States

Belgian IPA |  10.60% ABV

An artful creation which began with our HopAnomaly Belgian-Style IPA, enhanced by a 6 month maturation in French Oak Chardonnay Barrels. This version of Hop God is a fascinating, big, bold Belgian-style Tripel hopped in very high amounts to concentrate citrus, grapefruit and floral aromatics in the nose. The addition of Chardonnay barrel aging adds further dimension and oak tannins to an already wonderfully complex Ale – bringing to mind tropical fruits and peach. We know of nothing that compares – enjoy!

(Beer added by: Onslow on 03-21-2010)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of HopAnomaly - Reserve Series Aged In French Oak Chardonnay Barrels Alström Bros
4.46/5  rDev +8.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

3.61/5  rDev -12.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.89/5  rDev -5.4%

4.4/5  rDev +7.1%

4.25/5  rDev +3.4%

Poured from a 750ml into a FW snifter.

A- Golden colored with a small white head. Really looks inviting...

S- White wine...maybe a little pepper and spice.

T- Again, white wine, a little light fruit...very summery...don't know why I'm drinking this now in the middle of a rainy SoCal night. I want some apple slices and cheese with it. On the finish there's a bit of oak, reminds me I'm drinking a beer.

M- Very bubbly...very light, it feels good.

O- Need to do this next summer out by the pool. I feel like I'm in Napa Valley at a wine tasting. Quite enjoyable.

3.75/5  rDev -8.8%

3.75/5  rDev -8.8%

3.5/5  rDev -14.8%

So, I was at the Nebraska Brewing Co. last night and was told that they couldn't sell me this delicious beer. Apparently they received a cease an desist letter from a brewery in Tennessee with the naming rights to HOP GOD...smh. There will be NO more HOP GOD in Nebraska EVER!! So I called half of the liquor stores in the city before I finally found one that had a bottle, four bottles to be exact, bought em all. Best $80 I have ever spent. If you can find this beer BUY IT.

4.35/5  rDev +5.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Interesting brew served in a 6 oz glass at the White Oak Tavern in Ellicott City Md. Weak nose but citrus and grape must scents. Smooth mouth feel with minimal carbonation and limited bitterness of hops. Chardonnay flavor is noticeable with slight lingering aftertaste.

A-golden orange color with a nice white head and decent lacing

S-slightly sweet malt, herbal, oak, white wine, belgian yeast

T-grainy malt, herbal, light caramel, oak, yeast, white wine, little grape and apple, mild bitter finish

F-medium body with moderate carbonation, crisp

O-enjoyed the barrel characteristics and the beer was very drinkable in spite of the abv

4.48/5  rDev +9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Bought this tonight here in Ithaca NY, at Finger Lakes Beverage Center (really great store). No one in the store at the time had tried the beer, so they asked me to let them know what I thought. This is what I thought:

Hi, I bought Hop God Last night. You asked me to let you know what I thought. First, my nose is almost completely dead from childhood allergies, so I require a beer that really stands up to notice anything. This one does. Pours a beautiful cloudy gold, with a moderate head (I poured it pretty cold). Nice lacing, etc. First thing was, I got citrus on the nose. It's got to be strong, for me to smell at all. A little bit grapefruity on the tongue. It's hard to quantify the mouth feel, it's pretty bright and then hangs around with what I think is a citrusy aftertaste. There is actually enough going on with this beer, the hops aren't really the biggest thing, at least for me, but for a hop freak such as myself, they are still there. I don't think it said so on the label, but at 10 it's certainly it's a double. Also, it's clearly Belgian yeast, with some sour coming through. Anyway, I think the alcohol fits nicely, but I'm accustomed to drinking nines and tens anyway. All in all, I do like this beer. it's interesting – sometimes that's a curse I guess, but not here I think. If I had a complaint at all, it is that it's a little bit heavy on the citrus (disclaimer – I dislike citrus is in general). I would buy it again, though.

2.25/5  rDev -45.3%

4.75/5  rDev +15.6%

4.25/5  rDev +3.4%

HopAnomaly - Reserve Series Aged In French Oak Chardonnay Barrels from Nebraska Brewing Company