Follow our progress ...

Awaiting 10 Reviews

McCann's Food & Brew
Minnesota, United States

Style: Pumpkin Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by ZAP on 10-25-2008

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
2.29/5  rDev n/a

A-Clear, light orange...1/8 inch white head on top

S-The dominant aroma is a butterscotch/vanilla note that is common in some of the beers here. Perhaps it's the yeast strain that is used. To me it is starting to come off as a bit of an "off" flavor. There is also some subtle but nice pumpkin aroma but it is overwhelmed by the vanilla/butterscotch...not much for spicing evident on the nose.

T-The vanilla notes are even stronger on the taste....tastes a lot like their Golden Ale with some mild pumpkin notes...not enough pumpkin and spices and too much vanilla/butterscotch.

M-Light...one of the lightest bodied beers I've had from this place...

D-I'm not real impressed with this one...almost seems as if they took the base Golden Ale recipe and added some pumpkin to it. The problem is the pumpkin and spice taste is so small you have to strain to notice it. The wife was in St. Cloud today and I had her bring back two of these as I was expecting big things...I'm glad I also had her grab a Prairie Porter because these will be tough to drink. My least favorite offering from MCCan's.

Ghost Rider Pumpkin Ale from McCann's Food & Brew
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.