Apricot Coriander Ale - McCann's Food & Brew

1 Rating

pDev: 0%
McCann's Food & Brew
Minnesota, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  ABV ?

Availability: Fall

(Beer added by: ZAP on 01-18-2009)
4.1/5  rDev 0%

Here's the brewer's description:"Brewed with Belgian malt and French hops, this ale is blended with a tasty addition of apricots and gently spiced with East Indian coriander which contributes a light orange/citrus like flavor. A wonderful, light refreshing ale."

My review:

A-Gold color...impressive clarity for an ale...little head from the growler pour..

S-Apricots. peaches and cream, very nice...no off notes..

T-Apricots are evident but not overwhelming which is the way I like a beer like this...as described by the brewer the coriander adds a subtle "orange peel" flavor...there is also a little of the peaches and cream notes on the taste which I think really make this beer special.

M-Light side of medium bodied...medium carbonation...light maltiness...perhaps a little watery but this is meant to be a refresher not a sipper so I think that fits fine.

D-I'm impressed with this one...when I drink an Apricot Coriander I want to taste apricots and coriander and I do in this one....a refreshing, interesting fruit beer.

*Seems to have lingered on tap from October until January....might fit better as a summer patio beer but I'm surprised it hasn't moved quicker....nice beer.

ZAP, Jan 18, 2009
Apricot Coriander Ale from McCann's Food & Brew
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.