Bavarian Mind Block - McCann's Food & Brew

No picture uploaded.

McCann's Food & Brew
Minnesota, United States

Maibock / Helles Bock |  7.00% ABV

(Beer added by: ZAP on 04-27-2009)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters
Bighuge

3.68/5  rDev -4.2%

Gold appearance, but not deep gold. Thin beige head. Moderate amounts of lacing. Aroma is sweet sweet maltiness with a splash of honey and some cooked corn as well. The flavor pulls all of that into a blend of honeyed, sweet cereal like maltiness with a hint of creamed corn. It's not as bad as it sounds, if you like sweet beers. To me it's not cloying, but bordering it. The body is medium. And it's a pretty easy drinking beer.

Thanks for sharing Big Z.

Serving type: growler

05-05-2009 19:48:47 | More by Bighuge
ZAP

A- Very nice clarity....gold colored..

S-Very sweet smelling...bready, honied malt aroma...jus a hint of noble hops...has a little dortmunder aroma to it, but sweeter.

T-Very sweet bordering on cloying...I like a sweeter maibock so I am fine with it but not everyone may like it as much...Bready malts...honey....hops are light...just a hint of noble hops flavor..I'm impressed with the clean feel to this...sticky sweet ? sure but clean too...

M-Medium bodied...a little sticky sweet.

D-This reminds me a little of a beer I loved when I was just getting into the craft beer scene about ten years ago...Lakefronts Big Easy Blond Doppelbock...it was my favorite beer at the time but the recipe seems to have changed and it is not the same...this reminds me of how it used to taste. With that said this is pretty sweet and sticky....I've got two growlers to enjoy at different times so this review could change slightly as I work my way through the growlers but right now for me I find this very tasty and enjoyable but would not want more than a couple at one sitting...

Serving type: growler

04-27-2009 00:10:57 | More by ZAP
Bavarian Mind Block from McCann's Food & Brew
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.