2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Toccadibò Zymatore - Birrificio Barley

Toccadibò Zymatore
No picture uploaded.

Birrificio Barley visit their website
Italy

American Wild Ale |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: oline73 on 11-12-2012)
View: Beers (10) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
Ratings: 3 | Reviews: 1 | Show All Ratings:
oline73

Maryland

4.1/5  rDev +5.9%

I had this on-tap at Max's during Baltimore Beer Week. Served in a sample glass.

Appearance: The beer pours a cloudy reddish amber color with a ring of creamy off white head.

Smell: I'm getting a lot of vinegar and red berry sour notes, nice dark sour smell. I'm getting some sweet malt underneath the sourness with some wine barrel notes.

Taste: Lots of vinegar right off the bat. I'm getting some tart red berries behind that. The overall flavor is very tart. There is a good amount of malt sweetness behind the sour notes. The tartness carries through the finish.

Mouthfeel: The body is just on the syrupy side of medium with tingly carbonation and a dry finish.

Overall: This was a very nice surprise. I had never heard of this one before, but I'm quite glad I decided to try it. It was definitely sour, but the balance that the sweetness added made the taste very good. I'd have it again if I get the chance.

11-12-2012 04:42:32 | More by oline73
Toccadibò Zymatore from Birrificio Barley
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.