India Pale Ale - Selin's Grove Brewing Company

India Pale Ale
No picture uploaded.

Selin's Grove Brewing Company visit their website
Pennsylvania, United States

(Beer added by: rdrummer on 05-09-2004)

heddar33, Sep 11, 2012
4.45/5  rDev +3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

All too often I find beers I have wanted to try for a very long time end up being a letdown. Or, I just build them up so much without realizing that I have tried so many beers that I may be setting the bar way too high.

This IPA does not disappoint. Intense, consistent, and thorough in flavor profile. I was not bothered by having a whole growler of this to have to drink.

RblWthACoz, Aug 30, 2012
4.38/5  rDev +1.4%

Pours a deep golden color with about 1/2 finger of creamy white head with decent retention.

The scent is of citrus hops, bitter floral hops, and fruit.

The taste is of bitter hops, citrus fruits, some spice notes.

Medium body, much smoother and more creamy than most IPA's, low carbonation.

I really enjoyed this IPA, the flavor was nice and well balanced and the unusual smoothness of the beer made it a very easy drinker.

BeerCon5, Aug 15, 2012

DrDogbeer, Dec 15, 2011

jenray, Dec 10, 2011

Beerwensh, Nov 30, 2011
3.8/5  rDev -12%

Took this growler out to LA for the Bruery Barrel Age Tasting get together. I've had this a few times but just getting to a review of it.

A - super hazy orange color. I couldn't believe how much yeast was in suspension here. My buddies thought there was cottage cheese in it.

S - smells of mild citrus rind and wet grass. Not a huge nose to it like you would expect from a supposed top 10 IPA.

T - it does taste pretty good. Lots of orange fruit flavor. Reminds me of that Tampico juice my parents used to buy when I was a kid.

M - not much carbonation on this. I'm sure it had to do with being a growler and the transport of it from PA to L.A.

O - it's a good easy drinking IPA, but not really what I'd hoped for when I tried it. I can think of many ipa's I'd rather have.

Koufax21, Nov 25, 2011

PittBeerGirl, Nov 23, 2011
3.43/5  rDev -20.6%

Orange beer brought out by koufax21 for the Bruery barrel event. Mild citrus hoppy notes in the aroma, not overpowering, somewhat mild, was really underwhelmed by the aroma for sure.

Mild hopping again, decent enough drinking, but geez, this is almost british ipa territory had it not been for the citrus amount instead of just sheer bitterness.

Pretty standard stuff for an ipa. Good, not great. How this stuff is in the top 100 while nugget nectar is not, I have no idea. Anyways, I think my ipa drinking towards the east stops at about Ohio.

Beerandraiderfan, Nov 22, 2011

nh2032, Nov 17, 2011

jordanmiller, Nov 15, 2011

spycow, Nov 15, 2011

thebouch01, Nov 14, 2011

whartontallboy, Nov 14, 2011

sideshowe, Nov 14, 2011
3.23/5  rDev -25.2%

Thanks to jenrey for sharing a growler with me and some other BA's.

A: The cap opens without a pop and pours a murky orange color. No head forms and no lace.
S: Orange, citrus, zesty lemon. A nice simple hop aroma, if a bit one dimensional.
T: Again, some simple hops. Orange, citrus, zesty lemon. Spicy and lightly grassy.
M/D: This is under carbonated, almost flat. Not hard to drink, but one is enough.

Hopefully I get to try this again someday to give it another shot. Though as is underwhelming, and one dimensional.

champ103, Nov 07, 2011
4.75/5  rDev +10%

Served on tap at the brewpub

A- pours a dark orange with a one finger white head. Because of the low lighting, I can't get a great look at it...so, default grade

S- aroma is of very powerful citrus. Yummy

T- very juicy. Lots of tropical fruits...mostly mango. Wonderful

M- medium bodied

O- this is fantastic. The keg kicked maybe two hours after we got there, so I couldn't order a second pint or get a couple of growlers. Whenever you see this on tap at SG, you should get it.

bigfnjoe, Oct 16, 2011